The Manga Tutorials 100 Theme Challenge is meant to inspire and motivate manga artists to draw. It is also a way to help artists to grow in skills, draw something new they haven’t drawn before, and maybe even help them through a period of the dreaded artist block. …And hey, you can also do it for fun!
Whatever your reasons, the Manga Tutorials 100 TC is a great way to mingle with other artists like yourself and show off what you can do. All levels of abilities and experience are welcome!
1) One picture, one theme. Combining several themes into one image is not allowed because frankly… it wouldn’t be a 100 theme challenge then would it?
2) There is NO time limit to complete this list. As such, please do your best for each image and make it as clean as possible.
3) Make sure you note which image is for what theme. It can be in the description, the title of the piece itself or on the drawing itself. If you are doing one of the themes in the alternative list instead of the one in the regular list, please make a note on that as well.
4) All images must be your own original work. Fan art is acceptable just as long as it is NOT a direct copy of a pre-existing work created by the original artist or another fan. Taking someone else’s art and trying to pass it off as your own is also a big no-no.
5) Themes may be done in any order.
6) Any medium is welcome.
7) Up to 10 themes may be switched out with one of the themes in the Alternative List. As with rule #3, please make a note somewhere with your art that you have switched out one of the regular themes with an alternative one.
The Big Bad List
3. Lolita Fashion
4. Harujuku Girls
5. Magical Girl
13. Cyborg (someone like Edward or Alita NOT a Gundam)
15. Royalty (Prince, Princess, King or Queen)
19. Mascot (ex/Kon, Moogles, Mokona, etc)
29. Steam Punk
32. Japanese Style Painting
33. Toy: Plush Doll/Figurine
34. Pet (real pet, monster or other)
35. Gender Bender (male dressed like female or vice versa)
36. Magical Beast (dragon, griffon, unicorn, etc)
37. Mythology (any god or goddess, not necessarily Greek in origin)
38. Fairy Tale (any one; Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty & the Beast, etc)
39. 7 Deadly Sins (any one)
40. Video Game (any)
41. Tarot (any)
42. Zodiac (any one)
43. At School/Going to School
44. School Festival
45. Festival (any others that is NOT school related)
46. Cherry Blossom
47. Onsen (Spa)/Public Baths
48. Exotic/Out of this World
49. At a Temple
50. At the Beach
53. Dancing/At a Ball
55. Formal Wear/An Evening Out
57. Post Apocalyptic World
58. Asleep/Pajama Time
60. Relaxing/A Day Off
63. Gun Fight
64. The Chase is On!
65. BFF’s (Best Friends Forever)
66. Color: Psychedelic (think 70s)
67. Color: Pastels
68. Color: Warm Colors (Red, Orange, Yellow) – use one or all
69. Color: Cool Colors (Blue, Green, Purple) – use one or all
70. Color: Pink (may use other color but must predominantly be pink)
71. Element: Fire/Water/Earth/Air (choose one– must not be the same as other Element choice)
72. Element: Fire/Water/Earth/Air (choose one – must not be the same as other Element choice)
73. Emotion: Anger
74. Emotion: Jealousy
75. Emotion: Embarrassment
76. Emotion: Love
77. Season: Spring
78. Season: Summer
79. Season: Autumn
80. Season: Winter
84. Vacation (or Holiday as some may call it)
85. Genre: Martial Arts
86. Genre: Mystery
87. Genre: Horror
88. Genre: Sports
89. Genre: Fantasy
90. Genre: Sci-Fi
91. Genre: Comedy
92. Genre: Romance
95. Love Triangle
96. Alice in Wonderland
98. Still Life
100. Ghibli (create an artwork either inspired by Ghibli or a fan art)
A. Draw an MT Member other than yourself (real life or the member’s avatar)
B. Inspired by (Enter Your Favorite Artist Here)
C. Group Board Madness
H. Under the Sea
I. Up in the Sky
Q. Flying High
R. Fish Eye View (4 point perspective)
T. In Memory
I highly recommend you drop by the forum and share your finished work. I and many others would definitely love to see other fellow challenger’s work as they are completed.