Thread: Help with image resizing

Hybrid View

Help with image resizing

Me and a friend have started our comic together but I am having a problem with resizing.
    What is the best way to scale it down without ruining the quality or picture. Also what is the most common size for a manga page?

vector images can be scaled with out ruining the quality so look into adobe illustrator
    you could also use imgur.com to resize proportionally

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    Also what is the most common size for a manga page?
    Are you talking about the paper to make the manga or when it's published? Because if you're talking about the paper to make the manga, then information about it should be here. There's some tips there near the bottom about scaling down digital manga too.

I meant about posting on the internet. I always have problems with it. I will keep my pictures at 300 DPI and I try to resize them down but it still seems too large for the web browsing page.

Browsers are generally around 800 px width (for small netbooks) but nowadays the norm is 1024 pixels for regular desktops and laptops. With so many monitor varieties these days (don't get me started on mobiles and iPads), those two are the most consistent.

Be aware that posting on the internet - you can even put the DPI to 72. 300 DPI is only if you're going to publish your work on paper. Don't get me wrong - it's good to start off in 300 DPI just in case you ever consider publishing your manga but for web publishing, it's not needed.

ok thank you. I think putting the images in such high dpi was what was making them so large

okay so that means it's best to put high pixel if it's just being published in the web right?
    did i understand it right?

now i feel like i got to know about netbooks.

Um no. I said you do NOT need as high as a DPI if you're just publishing on the web. If you have any plans to publish in a book or paper though, then you need a high DPI.

Netbooks are like regular laptops but much smaller, more affordable, and they tend not to have CD drives (is why they're smaller). They're like the size of an iPad.