Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMP MY ART!!!!! (its back! and sticky'd!)

PIMP MY ART!!!!! (its back! and sticky'd!)

Some of the older MT'ers may remember the "Pimp my art thread" from old MT. It generated a lot of art flow in MT during its time, and was a frequent stop for people who visited the old MT's Creative Corner. I myself, and many others, grew into better artists because of this thread, and im here to say...LETS BRING THE PIMP THREAD BACK!
    For those of you who don't know of the simple greatness of the Pimp thread here's a rundown of what it was all about:----------------------------------------------
    1.) someone (anyone) would post a pic to be "pimped". Maybe its a pic they aren't proud of, OR a pic they drew a long time ago.It can even be a pic of an O.C. you really love and ARE proud of(anything goes really >3>). Example:
    some crap i did a long time ago, and put in the pimp thread to be pimped
    http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...botinked-1.jpg
    2.) Someone (or many people) "pimps", or re-draws that pic in there own style and way. Example:
    Pimp by Iccy/DogHateBurger
    http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...340small-1.jpg
    Pimp by Tetsuphil
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...=NWAP#/d1x29us

You don't have to be a pro to pimp someones art. Its all about seeing the same pic, the same characters, in different styles.
    Its super fun to pimp and have your stuff pimped. there are no "dibs" on pimping a pic, and just because a pic has been pimped several times, doesn't mean you shouldn't pimp it. WHO'S GOING TO START US OFF?
    Last edited by NWAP; 06-22-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I'm down with it, bro. :stickied:

THNX RIO!! I wasn't exactly planing on using this thread for the the pimp thread, but this works just fine! I just dont know how to get rid of the poll o-o ....since its not really valid anymore. THNX AGAIN! LETS GET PIMP'N YOU GUYS!!

This seems awesome. Could someone pimp this for me, then?
    SPOILER! :

I don't think it sucks, but I know it could be a lot better.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I'll get rid of the poll for ya.

This sounds really fun, but i don't have enough skill to pimp sth, so im going to leave something for being pimped. this one is a drawing i did some time ago, but i failed too make it as cool as i wanted it too:
    SPOILER! :

OMG I love that pic @o@ i'm so doing yours Boze. in fact ill probably take on Matts too

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BozeSG View Post
    This sounds really fun, but i don't have enough skill to pimp sth, so im going to leave something for being pimped.
    What Nwap seems to have neglected to mention is that, although this thread is called 'Pimp my art', it's not about making a picture 'better' with amazing pro-level skills. It's more about recreating the image in your own way, having fun, and improving your skill level. Or at least, it was, the last time I checked. -raises eyebrow-
    Last edited by indescribable; 06-14-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: I just felt like it, ok.

This is correct! you cant use that excuse sorry XD

haha this sounds like fun but im not great..but still i wanna try it ^^..

can someone pimp this ^^