Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for artist who wants to do a lot of character work.

there are acronyms that i don't understand... >.<
    what is VN? and what is PoW?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    VN = visual novel
    PoW = Prisoner of War... unless it stands for something else

Basic plot of the VN (Note: parts of this are set to change and there a lot more characters in it than listed, this is just a basic plot):
    Ok so its set in the aftermath of a futuristic war. PoW's from all over the warzones are sent to this particular camp, which is just a cordoned off section of a derelict city. The prisoner's here a left almost to fend for themselves, their captors only really providing them with food and water. All their prisoner's are left with their armour on but weapons are taken away of course. The story itself starts with the main character(which for lack of a name atm I shall call M) arrives in the camp. When he arrives he receives a warm welcome from all the fellow PoWs. He starts to settle in, and gets to know all of the prisoners, each with a unique backstory about the war and their capture. M connects with a particular female PoW called Lulu(at this stage) more than the others. He also discovers that there is a particular prisoner which is regarded as a sort of chief. After this first section of investigation there is this welcome feast(which is actually a couple of weeks after his arrival) for M. A lot of discussion happens here about all sorts of things and then at some point M goes outside and discovers....... A body

This next section of the story is investigation of this murder(yes it's a murder), at this point M starts hallucinating and having conversations with a little girl called Bonnie that nobody but him can see. By the time the next part of the story comes along no conclusion can be made. At this point Lulu disappears and a few of the PoW's reveal their suspicions of her and implicate her in the murder. While searching for Lulu M is informed of another body that was found by the chief and another investigation happens but it turns into a 'closed room' scenario where nobody at all could have committed this homicide( Bonnie of course 'helps' during this investigation). Soon after M starts having some sort of major hallucination(yet to be determined) and Bonnie is a major part of this section.

M Stumbles upon some photos that appear to be him dressed as some sort of scientist but he has no recollection of this and becomes very paranoid. Another body is now found and when inspecting it M hallucinates (something, idk yet) and starts beleiving there is somebody coming for him. During this investigation Bonnie only adds to his increasing paranoia Lulu then decides to return and of course M finds her first, but before any answers can be dragged out of her the PoWs imprison her and prepare her for the trial of the 3 murders. M tries to prove that Lulu is innocent and in his hunt for info he discovers some journals which he has not seen before (brought back by Lulu after her return) which turn out to be his own journals from his past.

At this point M remembers he was part of a group of scientists alongside Lulu who was in fact his wife. These scientists actually control this camp and were sent here to use the prisoners as guinea pigs for human drug trials. He remembers that Lulu dared to speak out against the research and so was forced to have her memory removed and become one of the "prisoners" herself by the head scientist (who is the Chief of the prisoners DUN DUN DUN ). He remembers that he couldn't live long without Lulu and voluntarily chose for the same treatment. Another journal in the pile, which isn't his, is that of the chief/head scientist. It reveals that he recently accidentally injected himself with one of the experimental drugs when trying inject one of the PoWs and is now having blackouts.

Because of these revelations M rushes to Lulu's cell, after stealing the key of course, and free's her before telling her all that he has just learnt. It turns out that the sight of M upon his arrival in the camp had brought back all of Lulu's memories. Her disappearance was due to Lulu sneaking back into the science lab located next to the camp (her iris scans weren't deleted, nor were Ms) where she set up a series of traps and caused general death/mayhem/destruction to bring down the research before finally returning and taking down the chief/headscientist. Emotional lovey dovey stuff happens here before they try to make their escape. But as they enter the streets they discover the side affects of the latest drug wave (note only some of the PoWs received this) caused them to become murderous savages. They find that everyone in the camp is dead including the chief and leave.

I know the ending sucks atm but its what i have and i need to find some way to wrap up the Bonnie storyline and i need to add a lot more characters.

Also @Rio: I know of LSF, due to the fact that I'm using Renpy but I haven't been on there.
    Last edited by Moomaw; 06-22-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    =_= ...May I suggest you break up the massive wall of text? It's a bit hard to read...

Re LSF> Ah, ok. I have an account there but hardly stop by anymore except once in a blue moon. If you have any Renpy-related programming questions though, that section of the forum is top-notch.

Ok, Thanks ^^

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I see. But if you want me to work on characters, I need some character profiles or something. I'm not a writer or a story-man so I can't do much with the plot.

>.< Sorry I misunderstood. Incoming...