Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: apples13-update

been months need to update this drawing( been drawing other things)

Wow that look amazing

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    I agree. ^
    I really love the lineweight and the overall pose is cute. C:
    My eyes can't see any anatomical mistakes so this is a great picture.

Thanks the drawing came pretty far from the initial one

That's very impressive. I particularly like how delicate her hands are. The one thing I would say is that it might be worth making the lines just a little darker around her hair and face. At the moment, the lines seem darker and blacker around her body and it's drawing attention away from her features.

Other than that, my personal feeling is that her legs are slightly too slender for the rest of her, but I get the impression that's just the style you were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    That's very impressive. I particularly like how delicate her hands are. The one thing I would say is that it might be worth making the lines just a little darker around her hair and face. At the moment, the lines seem darker and blacker around her body and it's drawing attention away from her features.

Other than that, my personal feeling is that her legs are slightly too slender for the rest of her, but I get the impression that's just the style you were going for.
    I actually tried not to make the lines as dark, that was my mistake. I was intending to color it so darkening lines would not be something I want to do. I wanted to have her legs as one of her defining features, I like them slender but I can also see why someone would think they are too slender. I am not good enough to make it perfect haha. thanks for the comment, much appreciated.

Yay! An update from Apples! I love your art :3

I really like this character: her expression is priceless! One thing bugging me, though, is the material of her cape and coming out from her belt. Even if it's leather (which can be stiff,) as worn as it looks, I feel it should have just a little more movement. If you add a crease or two, to the open part of the cape, or turn the edges in just slightly, that may help the cape. The bottom part...I'm not good enough to pin point what I feel is wrong, but it doesn't feel...like leather. If that's what your going for.

This is the best example of the material I can come up with...it's not very good, so sorry for the crappy critique. I tried!

At any rate, I love her expression, and her hair is awesome! I'm digging the eye patch too! That especially is well done :3
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Yeah... I am not that good at drawing cloth unfortunately.

been trying to get back into drawing. first thing is first. finish old drawing.....
    still not done WIP