Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Improve Your Writing Skills (New Thread)

Fenn

Improve Your Writing Skills (New Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by 80
    Once we enough members, I'll assign someone to write a short story of your own creation, and post it. The other members and I will crit and show where or how you could change something. We will go into a complete circle until everyone has posted their own short story. Then after everyone has had their turn, the first person who posted theirs will post their story again. But this time with corrections or added stuff put in it, to see how far they came from their first attempt. If there is more to crit, then they will post it later again, after everyone else, and see how better its getting. Or if you would rather, you can just post a different story. If you have a short story ready, and it hasn't been your turn to post yet, then pm me. I'll make sure to get you next.
    This is a great exercise to see what other people think will make your writing better, and even to crit someone else. You might notice something that you yourself need to also work on.
    Once we have at least 4 people we will start.

Current list:
    1. Angel
    2. jaidurn
    3. Fenn
    4. Tanatos_Bloodedge
    5. pajamajam
    6. Renzokuken

These members will move to the second thread when it is created:
    IllustrateMe
    Devillan
    Avy16
    Sawyer
    Son44
    Last edited by Fenn; 01-14-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Updates

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    ._.
    I guess I have to finally kick writers block to the curb now huh?

I don't get it... How it works?

Can I participate?

=]

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    I don't want to speak for fenn but I'm sure you can join, the group needs more people anyway. :)
    what you do is write a short story, post it up here, and let the other members of the group critique it. then when your turn comes around again, you can either post the same story, revised using the crits and tips you got earlier, or a different one.
    did that help?

Oh yeah, I got it now. Interesting. If I'm approved to join the group let me know please;

=]

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by 43
    Oh yeah, I got it now. Interesting. If I'm approved to join the group let me know please;

=]
    Of course you can join. It works like this: the first person writes a short story (the old forum has some examples), and everyone else critiques it. Then the next person on the list writes one, and etc, etc. When it comes to your turn again you can either write a new story or post a revised version of your old story.

OKAY, WE ARE STARTING NOW!

Angel, you have until the 26th at 6:00pm to post. I extended the time since there's a chance you'll be celebrating Christmas or otherwise being busy. I will alert jaidurn that it will be his turn next.

If you miss your turn, you may post two stories next time around, but you must wait your turn.

So, it's jaidurn turn?

yeah, it would be. I'm starting to think about joining this one. The 2 on the old forum just stopped suddenly. I'd rather if you stayed in charge of this one though Fenn. They might start up eventually again.

Fenn
    it is Jaidurn's turn

...but I can't contact anyone because most of the profiles are private.

Quote Originally Posted by 93
    it is Jaidurn's turn

...but I can't contact anyone because most of the profiles are private.
    Add they as friends.