Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foreign Music Tastes

Quote Originally Posted by Xano View Post
    Heck, seriously? Which city do you live in? I live in Bangalore.
    I'll be living in Chennai from July onwards.

I never thought there would be anyone else in India who liked Anime and Manga. Fortunately I was wrong.

Another reason I listen to anime music is because I find it easier to like and to search for. Look up a best anime songs list vid on youtube, see which ones I like, go to Gendou and download them. I don't tend to like English songs that way.

There is not much popular music in my native language so I'm used to listening to english songs. Most of them however are from artists that speak english as a second language. I agree that someone could like a song without understanding the lyrics but I think it's much better if you actually understand what they sing - atleast with most songs.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.

This isn't foreign in the least, but it's pretty close as I don't understand a word yet it's so soothing.

K-pop has been getting pretty popular since last year or so. Though I haven't gotten into it nearly as much as other people I know, it's pretty catchy to listen to. On a side note, the members of the female groups I've seen are GORGEOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    it's so soothing.
    *Vomits blood*
    よろしく

Tween Member
    Some foreign music can be really different from what I usually listen to.

Thats why I don't listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kache View Post
    Some foreign music can be really different from what I usually listen to.

Thats why I don't listen to it.
    Out of curiosity, what do you usually listen to?
    よろしく

Tween Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceta View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you usually listen to?

Alternative rock, punk rock, and very occasionally metal.

My favourite bands: Rise Against, Green Day (Especially the old songs), Sum 41, and Blink 182.

You usually continue listening to the music you were when you were a kid. There is a whole lot of different music out there, but you just can't seem to enjoy it as much as what you are used to.

For example: Arabic music. It isn't that it's bad music, it's just that I dont get what they are trying to do with it. I don't mean the lyrics, I understand arabic. It's mostly about my preference, and I prefer energetic music.
    Last edited by Kache; 06-19-2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

You usually continue listening to the music you were when you were a kid. There is a whole lot of different music out there, but you just can't seem to enjoy it as much as what you are used to.
    Total rubbish. I love finding new bands and styles, especially when they're markedly different to what I've heard before. In consequence, in the course of a typical day I'll listen to death metal, indie rock, psychedelic trance, opera, big band jazz, latin, hip-hop, and new wave music. Or any other similarly bizarre combination of musical styles. Take for example the contrast between these three songs.

Restricting yourself to just music you've heard before is a bit dull, in my opinion. Why bother if you can't make it an adventure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Eh why are you talking like you know me better than I do.