Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foreign Music Tastes

Foreign Music Tastes

Man I haven't come here in a while...

Anyway, confess about any strange likings for music you might have here. What I mean is, say, you tend to like music in a language you don't understand. You may like French songs, German songs, Spanish songs or songs in a language in which you don't understand a word.

Personally, I listen to a lot of Japanese Anime music. I'd love to learn Japanese, but here in India you're pretty much forced to learn a handful of languages, so, I've got my hands full.

Either way, post on!

Yeah I don't listen to a lot of English music because I can understand it, and can possibly disagree with it. In Japanese, idk what the hell I'm singing but it sounds cool.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I like whatever sounds cool, but I do listen to a lot of Japanese metal like Sigh and Maximum The Hormone, and Korean hip-hop and shit like Taeyang and etc. (mostly due to Linz), and German music like Unheilig and Rammstein. Although a lot of other foreign bands I listen to sing in english though like Graveworm [Italian symphonic black metal band].

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Maximum The Hormone

Benribenri banzai benri benri banzai
    Benribenri banzai ningen

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Vitas - opera number 2 and il dolce suerno (I think the last ones right)
    I usually do look up translated versions of songs just because I want to know what they are talking about. With my luck I could be blasting something like "yay rape!" in a song I think sounds awesome.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Benribenri banzai benri benri banzai
    Benribenri banzai ningen
    PURIN PURIN PURON NURURURERORERO!!

I'm foreigner so most music is foreign to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    PURIN PURIN PURON NURURURERORERO!!
    CHU CHU LOVELY MUNI MUNI MURA MURA

I like to listen to a lot of Japanese music. I'm p. much addicted to Vocaloid, and there are a lot of other J-Pop and J-Rock bands that I like. It's also cool because if you watch the lyric videos you learn some words and their pronunciations.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I love the Spanish songs that Thievery Corporation put out on their album, The Richest Man in Babylon. 

I like Korean hiphop/pop, like Gunz said. Taeyang is alright, along with Big Bang and G Dragon. I personally like Clazziquai (especially Alex) and B2ST. 

I don't really like Japanese pop. XD My host sister in Japan looooved it. The only material I could really get into that she liked was a little bit of Nishino Kana. Japanese jazz and hip hop are great, though. I like M-Flo, The Seatbelts, and the pianist Hiromi. Double, Emyli, and Utada Hikaru are some old favorites.  Orange Range and Takahashi Hitomi are good, too. 

My favorite French band is probably Phoenix, but they sing in  English, haha. Non-English, my favorite is MC Solaar, a rapper. I also like the rap group Noyau Dur. 

From Israel I like Idan Raichel a lot. I also like Avishai Cohen, a jazz composer. 

I'm not very exposed to Russian music, but I like Origa. 

I also like a lot of various European bands that sing in English--Miike Snow, Kate Havnevik, and Robyn are just a few that I like. 

... Has anyone heard of Kaizers Orchestra?