Thread: What Games Are You Getting This Holiday?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar

What Games Are You Getting This Holiday?

I'm not sure if I'll be receiving any games this holiday but if I do not get any, I'll definitely be picking up the new Golden Sun myself right after Christmas. :D

How about you? Do you know if you're getting (or have already received) any games this holiday? And if you don't/didn't, what are you going to get?

I'm pretty sure mom's getting me Final Fantasy XIV. It'll be fun. I know people sometimes think the newer FFs are lame, but I think the game play's fun :) I did't like most of the characters of FFXIII, though. I mean...Van...blah. We all know Fran and Balthier were the true main characters (they rocked.)

What's Golden Sun about?

Golden Sun is your classic RPG with a new twist; character's command djinn's which are elemental based mainly. Each djinn not only has powers you call during battle but you can use them to solve puzzles in town maps and dungeons. The series started in the Gameboy though with each sequel being better than the last. This new one is a continuation of the second and has the descendants (sons and daughters of the characters in the first two games).

I don't think I'm getting any games, I could be wrong though, but I kind of hope my brother gets rock band 3 because I want to play it but I don't want to drop like, two hundred bucks or however much it costs on it.

Well, I got a game but it was some casual arcade game for the PC. I'll be going to Toys R' Us and taking advantage of their Buy One Get One 50% Off Any Video Game sale this week. What to get? What to get? C:

Quote Originally Posted by 1
    Golden Sun is your classic RPG with a new twist; character's command djinn's which are elemental based mainly. Each djinn not only has powers you call during battle but you can use them to solve puzzles in town maps and dungeons. The series started in the Gameboy though with each sequel being better than the last. This new one is a continuation of the second and has the descendants (sons and daughters of the characters in the first two games).
    Sounds awesome. Are the newer ones on the hand held systems, also (I don't have any...though I'd get the PSP is for the prequel to FFVII--yeah, I'm one of those suckers. I heard it was fun, though.)

The latest Golden Sun is on the DS.

I got Golden Sun: Dark Dawn...almost at the end of it. Good game!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I got Golden Sun: Dark Dawn...almost at the end of it. Good game!
    D:

Wah! I'm so jealous! I'm going out to buy it today. I've been sick the past couple of days so I've been stuck indoors for awhile... :shakes fist: Darn you Sunny!

Btw, does it do anything extra if you port the save file of the second game from the GBA?