Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Commander Naz Art II

Greetings and Peace be upon everyone, LordSyafiq here *Bows*

I pray to the Almighty to Bless Each of you and the World for eternal prosperity, longevity and tons of blessing Aminn~ *prays*

Haha, it's been a while since I'm absence in here, everyone can guess now why I'm here and yes, a new, commission art by Hecterian 2 days ago when he requested it and now it's completed....As usual with lots of mistakes and epic failure, my skills way rusted....TT.TT

The art features Hecterian (DA) Crosser (which the art done by Third-Eye-Crow in DA) against my OC, FritzGerald Odin (That is also Chiitan (DA) Bishonen Father in my gallery) to bring out Crosser aura into it... Haha, more like pure brawl and strength to determine who is the best... And Fritzy (nickname) already took a hit and bleed with a smile.....

The request came 2 days ago, when Hecterian requested he wanted Crosser in my version and I researched on the art and make some twisted imaginations on my own during the process..... I was told Crosser will be look angry and I have found his partner, that is my OC FritzGerald Odin to maximize the output...When I looked back, an old version of Bionic Commando with Marvel style of combinations, also Manga speed lines....Interesting BUT my lack of skills and efforts may damaged the overall composition since I wasn't in my fullest ability to perform my usual routine....I'm having fever this week BUT then again I have stressed myself without I realized it....

Then again, my mistakes on perspectives, the body measurements and the angle composition may bring some awkwardness, nevertheless I have done my best to deliver what I can in this art.. I'll leave the judgements to everyone...

Well, time for me to have rest and may the knowledge and the artwork provide some insights and amusements since my absence.

I deeply apologize and gratefully thank you very much from everyone responses X33 Have fun~~~!!! *Kitty Sleep Mode*

Again you are being too hard on yourself, your art is amazing!!!!

however I do see one problem... it is that Crosser's right hand seems too closed. I grabbed my arm where Crosser is grabbing Fritzy and my fingers aren't quite closed. Crosser seems more to be doing a fist rather than holding a thick item. So I suggest just changing the angle of the fingers to two 45 degree angles rather than two 90 degrees in order to add thickness to the arm he is holding. This will also expose the underside of his finger joint...

hope that helps

I only see a little bit of proportion mistakes concerning Fritzy's hands. Pretty awesome!!! Wanted to see if you could do a pic with a lot of movement and action! The faces are epic!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Maxx_Wellington:-
    I gratefully thank you for your generous critiques and comments, dearest friend X33
    Not to mention some spanking on it... Maybe my negativity chains me these days, always look down on myself...

Haha, you critiques does helps a lot in tremendous ways and again, I gratefully thank you..
    Let's hope the future works bears some improvements X33

Gedeon:-
    I gratefully thank you for your generous comments, dearest friend X33
    Haha, I hope the next one meets your and everyone expectations X33

UPDATES:-

Greetings and Peace Be Upon Everyone,
    I pray May the Almighty Bless Each of You and the World and hope everyone here doing fine and well in your routine activity Aminn~~ *Prays*

It's been a long way journey and near the Malaysian Comic Fiesta event also Christmas then 2012... Truthfully, I still have long-harsh yet adventuring road of learning to improves myself and skills of drawings... So many things to do with so little time given...

Haha, I believe I almost rambling senseless again, well, everyone knows as usual I'm here BUT this time it's different... Let's just say that I have been researching, experimenting and have fun in hiding all this time to maximize and improve myself.... And come out with this artwork which still depicting my failures and laziness...

Yes, as everyone who already saw much of my Tiberius and his Chibi Lineart previously.... I have tried to place the colors which suits him best along with the mood and expressions of the work....

To be honest, this is just the base coloring, and already the other phase have been underway while I'm reviewing some of the Illustrations Books I have to enhanced it further... As I have mentioned it's still in early stages and will be changed unnoticed...

I was dilly-dallying with PhotoShop and my Mouse (You all heard it right, mouse NOT Tablet) to understand on the basic of free hand mouse lining along with solidify my skills on it... Everyone surely ask, why I didn't use tablet even though I HAVE one? Nope, I want to feel the hardship of Pro's who went using mouse to understand first what they gone through then once I have build up my confidence, Tablet is next to applying more advanced one.... Let's see, 7 layers (Base, and Colors) with a little editing here and there...

All in all, everyone is the judge here, for me... This is far from over and this drawing shall be in Comic Fiesta event, while I'm moving around... Those who are lucky, there's only ONE of it I printed out in 100 gsm Inkjet paper with HQ (High Quality) printing to be given on who find me firstly XDD

Next year I hope I can finally colored my works after so long of traditional methods and NOW, with my Manga, Commander shall be launching in Christmas approaching... Let's see what will happen next when the cover in Full color which I haven't exposed yet...

I gratefully thank you to everyone for every responses, faves, comments, critiques and for those who attended Malaysian Comic Fiesta, I hope we can have a BLAST and lots of fun X33
    Best regards and prays also wishes to everyone and my beloved watcher *Bows* Laters~~

Kick-ass as usual, friend!

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    IMO, the one with the two guys fighting doesn't suffer so much from anatomical issues as it does from composition issues. The composition is too flat and cramped for the poses you're trying to convey. They look like they're kinda stacked on top of each other and the movement doesn't follow through in the poses. The punches look like they're being swung entirely from the shoulder and the impact against the guy on the right is at the wrong angle. Try to space out your characters more when doing fighting scenes and employ perspective when necessary. Try to avoid doing fight scenes in eye-level, full front PoV if possible and don't be afraid to draw characters from the back or the side, if it suits the composition.

I have a problem, too, where I feel most comfortable if you can see the character's face. But I learned that you don't always need it in the picture. In fact, sacrificing the appearance of the face for compositional reasons could make the overall picture much better. example:

Don't be afraid to show the character's back to the viewer.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 12-08-2011 at 06:28 PM.

wow, I will feel like an ass on this, but I think I should ask what is in your king's mouth? it looks like a cigarette however two things: IF there is that much smoke from it, normally it's red hot, so I would have added a red line in your black ones.

Also the butt end is normally not black.

other than that, I see no problems... keep up the awesomeness

Wow Maxx really I mean it's seriously fucking obvious that it's a cigarette dude

Actually I was also thinking it could be a piece of rope or something.. I know Black Beard used to tie cannon wicks into his hair and light them to make himself look monsterous to his opponents. Thought it could be something like that...

Whoa that's actually really cool