Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Commander Naz Art II

NWAP:-
    Greetings NWAP and pleasure with honor to meet you, dearest friend X33
    I gratefully thank you for your generous comments and critiques X33
    Haha, I give you credits for spotting the mistakes, which I have recognized it long ago, BUT it never hurts to remind it again XDD
    Actually, I trust my hand that do the jobs than ruler (except for comic panels and perspectives) to making most of my drawings X33

Gettin' better, Commandant!

Sylux:-
    Greetings Sylux, I hope you do well and alright (Not to mentioned with the lovelies, aye mate? *Jack Sparrow Mode*)
    Just lazy works as usual XDD

UPDATES after a long silence:-

Peace Be Upon everyone and Greetings,
    May the Almighty Bless everyone and the World aminn~ *prays*

Looks like since my absence with artworks make it look lonely here.. Well, nevertheless, some good news for everyone and here I am returned again... Of course, with an artwork..

It's almost time for the Malaysian Comic Fiesta this December... And I was frequently busying myself with some hand-made products including what everyone saw here, Yup, my first debut of the Manga named Commander (Actually an experimental comic and see how the market going)... It's a cover and A4 size poster.. and also this is the lineart version and I haven't finished everything including the coloring of it.. Going to take some time...

The cover featuring Force Commancer Rom (Full name - Romanov Von Castillien @ Rom, nickname- Romy) and his little Loli sister, Iris Von Castillien @ Iris, the Hero and Heroine of the story.

I used 2H, H and 2B Mechanical and wooden pencil to bring out the overall lines... Kinda reminds me greatly of Code Geass, Gungrave, Killzone series (PS2 and PS3), Space Marines (Warhammer 40K Dawn of War), Gundam, Valkyria Chronicles and Busou Shinki : Battle Masters by the expressions... Actually the story concentrated in those I mentioned...

To make this expressions, the songs I mainly used are:-
    1. Dawn of War: Space Marines (PC) - Titus Theme
    2. Journey To The Line by Hans Zimmer
    3. TRANSFORMERS EVO by Jam Project
    4. Fuel Of War - Transformers: War Cybertron (PC)
    5. World Chaos - Dawn of War Chaos Rising
    6. Kannaduki no Miko (Anime OP) - Re-Sublimity
    7. Code Geass - Mosaic Kakera

Nonetheless, I DO detected major perspectives and anatomical errors which leads to awkward view (Waist level)... since it view from ground (Like you're lying on the ground looking up or sitting)... I'll leave to everyone to judge it as usual... Epic failure this artwork as I know it..TT.TT

Well, this year I only do a little only and very limited edition to see how far the market goes... That includes Touhou and Vocaloid and one or two of my originals (Character card or Bookmark, haven't decided maybe next week)... If all goes well or not, the comic shall be made online with my friend, Shinigami-X (DA)

I almost forgot, Shinigami -X @ Scott another Illustration also underway, which one? That will be answered soon XDD

I gratefully thank you for your generous faves, comments, critiques and supports... I hope to see you all later with something new since my health conditions complicates me to do drawings these days... Forgive me and May the Almighty Bless you all aminn~ X33

Ack! Don't point that at me!!

Sylux:-
    *Click* Too late....

Well haya and Jai won't be happy.

Commander pretty awesome as usual, but i agree with you that the perspective isn't as you wanted ^-^' ITs like they are looking at the floor
    at someone, but not at us. And it seems as we (us) are standing.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I'm not sure if I see the same thing as you, Ged, with where they're looking, but I agree that the picture would be more dynamic with a little more extreme worm's eye perspective applied to the characters. The angle of the guy's right (our left) hand seems off to me - like it should be angled up more to the left, but aside from that awesome as usual.

first, I want to comment on the irony I see with North American associations that make this picture interesting. I live in north america so I don't know if it's the same as the other places in the world but the x on his hat reminds me of the Southerner flag of America, which is associated with racism and such (American Civil War) and the skull itself is negative. Along with the look of the coat that reminds me of a nazi officer, I would say this is a villan. But the recent drawing you put, with his sister (or any woman) holding him for protection and feeling safe in his arms makes me question the view of who the villan is in the world as, to her, he is the good guy. Like I said, I find it ironic.

As for your floor view, I feel like it's part of a backstory. Man tries to harm girl, Ramy (as I love that nickname) comes in, kicks him down and this is what he sees as Ramy tells him never to harm the girl. Being the girl is his sister just adds to the suspence. However the main point remains that I wouldn't call it a fail on your perspective or anything, but a compliment to it.

I love your art and the lines and detail are amazing as well as the poses you use.

The one major thing I see here is a massive contrast between your styles when it comes to male and female, I feel you are giving the males a more realistic and correct proportion and appearance but then when you draw the girls they are much more simple looking, bubbly eyes and disproportionate body proportion almost child-like appearance.

You could try using more reference when it comes to drawing women to make the style fit more or leave it as is, I'm not sure if this is intentional but it just stands out a lot to me and doesn't seem to flow.

Gedeon:-
    Aye aye matey~ Nah, just kidding and I know Jai will be upset...
    I gratefully thank you for your generous comments and critiques, dearest friend X33
    Yes, there are many debates regarding to the new Illustration I made and actually, I DID looking at it back after completion and face-palm to myself "Aww nuts, major contrast of balance and mistakes"....I hope to return again with some improvements and take your advice in minds.

Nisaren:-
    I gratefully thank you for your generous comments and critiques, dearest friend X33
    My epic credits to you for spotting the mistakes and offering generous advice of correcting it.. Truly appreciate it, it seems I lack some "dynamic" angle and expressions. I will take this matters in my mind and consideration in making future works soon..Cheers~

Maxx_Wellington:-
    Yes, you have pointed out the main combinations of what I love at, History (History Channel) and I'm sort of a freak in it... Southeners@The Confederates, Nazis and a mix of anime Mecha are what I used to create him, there numerous others..

Ironically, as you have mentioned, it gives mixture opinions and expressions to different people.. Yes, the Manga will be out in December and I'll be sure to inform everyone here to read it online to know them both better (IF you all have the free time, no forcing)...

Sometimes, you imaginative expressions and interpretive meaning of mine and others drawings stunned me, not to mention the details of your explanations... My thanks and credits to you and yeah, maybe too much modesty and always says failure makes my arts a bit restricted as many says, even though I can do better without these obstacles hinders me... It'll take time and I'll be sure to come back with something new... Cheers~

Cloudy-chan:-
    My grateful thanks and credits to you, Cloudy-chan for pointing the major contrasty of my both version of female and male... Correctly, it doesn't flow where the version mix up and impede the drawing impact it suppose to deliver, I was researching back on some anime, games and drawings based on Cloudy-chan and everyone comments here for the moment.. Let's see, I'm playing Black Rock Shooter, Fate Extra, Project Diva Extend and Valkyria Chronicles II now to enhanced it back...

Actually, to be honest.. I don't not know IF this intentional, BUT I leave my passion overtakes me when drawings without thinking too much on the overall outcome... Haha, as I'd say "each have their own opinion" and I'll try my best to improve and gain new insights based on everyone comments, critiques and supports here... Again, I gratefully thank you *Hats down*

P/S: My highest thank you and unlimited credits to everyone who have the time to visit and drop comments, critiques and supports here...One that I cherish it forever. Hope the knowledge that I have here can help everyone improves and succeed XDD