Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: weez's art

I like the way you make sure your drawing have many dynamic poses! It really brings them to life. There's a bunch of pics, so I'll try to make my critiques as short as possible.
    -1st pic- There's some issues with aligning the face. I'd recommend using guidelines. Also good start with folding; keep working on it.
    -2nd-Horns are a bit lopsided. Also, I'd imagine the arm thingies would be loose, so more folds on them would help.
    -3rd-Arms are a bit flat. I understand the character does not have huge muscles, but they still have a defined shape from the elbows. Also the legs have no knees. Don't make it drastic, though; a sharper turn in the lines would be all it takes to show the viewer that there is a knee.
    -4th-Again, faces aren't completely aligned. Also noteworthy is that in 3/4 view, the farther eye is supposed to look a tad smaller than the other due to the perspective.
    -5th-I mainly see that there is little depth in the background. Make a vantage point and then put the lines so that it looks a bit more 3-d. You almost started that when you put the diagonal lines on the fence.
    -6th- Arms are a bit short. Also work on differentiating the texture of the metal as compared to the fur and cloth.
    -7th- With the pose of the girl, I would suggest moving her left (our right) leg back a little bit.
    -8th-Toes are a bit flat. No biggie.
    -9th- Feet are a bit flat. Try drawing them at different angles.
    -10th-The arms have different lengths.
    -11th- Facial alignment of ed.
    -12th- The back seems stiff. Our spinal cord is a bit more flexible. Probably jut out the stomach a just little bit and then curve the back a bit more.
    -13th-You shaded the arms and torso but not the legs.

Well im gonna CnC just on that last batch of drawings....... i admit that i dont have enough nerves too write everything( And of course you've improved since the first page of this thread( and everyone else probabbly already told everything that i would have seen =w=)
    Ok i just got to the 6 pic but there is so meny im gonna critique the others once i have time (and will =w=) ok? Sorry.

Anyhorse.......

pic 1 : As Sire Jim said The face is a bit assimetrical (yeah in realitty no face is all simmetrry but thats a bit too much) And it seems that one boob is bigger then the other one.

pic 2: The horns are not aligned with the face. Although the pose is quite good and it look more 3d YAYS!

pic 3: Its pretty good although some of the limps are shorter then they should be. Still a good one.

pic 4: Great!!! A great 3d look, still some proportion problems around hands, and it seems that your faces could use a bit more love.

pic 5: Still some proportion (from now on im gonna call it POP ) problems, and faces but hey you are improving!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@ramiel thx..ill remeber to upload only one or two next time ^^
    @ sir jim jim thx for the critiques..n as for bgs n shading i get lazy and tend to half-ass my drawings lol
    @gedeon thx..i no my poportions r really bad..i really need to work on tht >..<.

..n i can never really find good tutorials on porportions n stuff

hey WEEZ do fanarts.... if you dont find a tutorial its better to do full character sketch from fanarts....
    if you draw on then you will understand what wrong you are doing..

ok guys here r a few drawings i did today..imma try n post a drawing everyday ^^..enjoy

1st pic. that's an imbalanced stand.
    i hope you remember this picture.
    SPOILER! :

head and foot intact and if it's not the body should be bent or imbalanced.

2nd pic. head misplaced, or if the head should really go there it should be in position of quarter view

3rd pic. eyes to close to the ears.

tryin to keep this thread alive lol..n these both took around 40 mins together

You need to practice drawing lines. This is especially true with anime.

It looks like you are drawing lines very slowly, which is causing a wiggling effect. I am guilty of this to this very day. The lines have to be as smooth as possible. So you could be as sketchy as you want for the outline, but when inking it (or draw the darker lines when doing it in pencil), you have to draw it quick, and in one swipe. This takes practice because you may end up with a unwanted or exaggerated curve.

I know it may seem like a small aspect, but in anime, it makes a world of difference.

lol yea i try to do it slowly but it doesnt work n when i try to do it faster i still mess up lol >.<..i guess practice makes perfect

TT_TT(^^^) i h8 u damm cubes n perspective things..idk i jus cant get em down...it makes me wanna cry lol
    Last edited by weez18; 08-07-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Banned
    The swordgirl looks cool, and so does the man you took from how to draw manga volume 1. Keep drawing shapes, it really helps. I'm a beginner and I try to do it every day.