Thread: Yummy Sketch Rolls

Yummy Sketch Rolls

First post!

Having trouble with anatomy in general, any good resources for clothing design?

Character Concept:
    Afro Woodsmen, instead of a sword, he relies on the stick! I want the character to look armored but have a nature element to it. I don't know, maybe thats a bad idea. Haha. As for the fro, I wanted to try something different than the typical sexy anime hair. Ill be refining this character with feedback, so check back for the progress!
    Last edited by sketchroll; 06-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    What is the characters generally attitude and how does he normally carry himself (as in does he slouch when he walks or is he very laid back maybe rigid)? From this sketch it looks like he's a bit cocky and sure of himself (nothing wrong with that) and the pose suggests he's quite effeminate.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    By "nature element", are you going for something earthy (stones, metal, etc), woods-like (leaves, trees, etc) or both? I think you can really push that further by adding those elements in his clothing. Right now, all that screams nature is his staff. Unless you colored him and made his clothes green and so on - there really isn't much that captures the themes you are going for. His hair definitely looks like it can protect him though! ;D

Welcome to the site, btw! Nice sketch - I'll be looking forward to seeing a CGed version. C:

Took me 3 whole days to come up with this concept, but im happy with the result. I ditched the afro concept and went with a female character. I wanted her to look very nature-like, specifically wood inspired. Her hair is made of wood, and her body as well. She is half human half wood. She is one with nature as she comes out from a tree hole holding a bird in one hand. Her personality, is calm and somewhat indifferent. From the outside she look very cool and emotionless but inside she is warm. No CGed version for this one... for now.

Last edited by sketchroll; 06-10-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    To be entirely honest, I liked the afro one better. I think the whole half-female half-plant thing has been done too many times. I would suggest using something like the first character and ditching the hairstyle, going for something more subtle. I like the personality of your second concept, though, stoic like nature.

I'm Not a Spammer!
    i like your second one :3 sketch is more well done background and everything. it looks more like a illustration piece :O lol but your first character definitely looks more fun and it seems like you can make more story out of him C: