Thread: The psychology of Spam threads

Fenn

The psychology of Spam threads

Why are spam threads so popular around the interwebz? I keep finding myself participating in this and other spam forums, but why? Why do we love spamming random stuff on forums?

I had a dream last night, in it I took a drink of water. It tasted really awful and bitter, when I woke up it was my pillow.

Sometimes I'm silly.

Because you can talk about nothing, and if its a subject you don't like... you can change it(^)... just spamming

it's sometimes serious but mostly isn't,it is also funny xD... the problem i have with GD is, i think its useless to argue with stubborn people on internet and it pisses me off...

It's useful if you're right or can make it seem as though you're right and you can convince them or others that they're wrong.

I always thought it was just 'cause you don't really have to think when you post, and it's fun seeing the random stuff people have to say.

Spam threads are fun.

/threadclosed
    Meh

I always thought of spam threads as "talk about whatever the fuck you want" threads allowing for random conversation flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    I always thought it was just 'cause you don't really have to think when you post, and it's fun seeing the random stuff people have to say.
    I agree with this. Other kinds of posts require thinking beforehand. In spam threads, you can post anything and no one cares.

OOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Did you care just now?

Think about it, if there were no spam threads...there would just be a shit ton more 2-3 reply threads...."Hey guys I bought this [insert Game/Anime here] today! I'm totalled excited!"

Instead of that there is just 1 communal thread for all that kinda junk.