Thread: Drawing on tablet

I'm Not a Spammer!

Drawing on tablet

Is it ok to start drawing on tablet? I find it more useful: easy erasing, layers, pens & pencils whatever you want...but I don't know if I should return to drawing on paper or it's just a matter of getting used to drawing digitally. The main problem is that I have to look at the monitor, while my hand is going on its own, lol .

There's nothing wrong with using a tablet - I use my tablet to draw all of my comic pages, and (from experience) it's a lot easier than doing it traditionally because, uh, there's no Ctrl-Z in real life... just erasers and white-out, which have their limitations :P

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with pencils either - sketching with a pencil is much more satisfying than with a tablet.

So yeah, uh, do whatever works for you.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Drawing either way is fine. There's no right and wrong way. In the end, it all just boils down to which one you're most comfortable with.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I agree with Rio. But I'd say it's still a good idea to practice with both if you want to take commissions, so that you have more opportunities to gain clients.