Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloudy Big Hip Edition

I can't look at the picture without singing 'Kung-Fu Fighting', which funnily enough, does not detract a single thing from the greatness of your drawing.

Cammy

semi NSFW
    SPOILER! :

..and face...and hair...
    The one thing that i find ... weird...is how the hands are so tiny.....everything else....great!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    There are only two things that stand out negatively to me in this picture.

First, it looks as though her boobs are being supported by a badly fitted push-up bra. I know that it's probably just a wrinkle in her clothing, but the line underneath kind of gives the impression that her boob is squarish, so I would smooth out both the bottom and top lines to make them look a bit less angular. If that makes any sense.

The other thing is that her knee seems rather thin and flat. I have a feeling that is probably exaggerated by the fact that she has large hips and long, thin legs; however, I think it should be a bit more rounded, with the calf muscle moved down a little.

Anyway, I'm impressed with the way that your colouring just keeps improving, and the overall picture looks great. Good job. x)

Did this one today, I think where are some issues with her arm and hand positioning, redlines or ref pics would be awesome :O

It looks stylish yo

I love all your characters, Cloudy! She's so full of life! :3

I think you're right on the arm...it looks good, but just a little disjointed at the elbow, like it's turned out a bit too far :/ It looks fine otherwise. I could be wrong, but I think her left knee (our right) is a little big. Again, I could be wrong on that.

I think she's really cool! Your line art is so clean, and done so well! I'm jealous
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

I did this the other day and i was playing around with backgrounds but still not sure what sort of background I want.

First I did a colourful simple background (lazy shapes lolol)

Then a plain and simple framed background

I'm not really sure what else I should try I was going for the "vintage" look.
    Last edited by Cloudy; 04-12-2012 at 04:05 AM.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    I adore the one with the colourful background. The style you've achieved with the character and the background there is something I always call "pop" and am always searching for more of but can never find it..

It reminds me a lot of the manga Clover. Or at least the art style of that CLAMP member.

The one thing that sticks out to me is that the fingers on the near hand look a little awkward.

The thing i like the most is the colorful shapes. Although i wouldn't put it with your sexy-humongo-hips girl. She is well colored and all bit id try to fit it with the awesome colorful shapes of flowers n stuff. Maybe a bit more darker shades on the girl. I think the arms are a bit thin and the hands a bit small but that just might be how you always do stuff so i'll sip it. Looking forward to more big asse-i mean big hips....-v-
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.