Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloudy Big Hip Edition

She's so pretty cloudy <3 and I absolutely love the ruffles and lace! If you're going for a more "vintage look" I'd go with the bottom one. Even though I really love the colorful flowers and trees, the bottom simple frame lets you focus more on the girl and the awesomely colorful parrot. The only real critique I have is pretty nit-picky and kind of goes with what ged was saying about the arms and the hands. It looks to me that arm in the back is the same size or bigger than the arm in the front. The reason it bothers me is I feel like it takes away from the depth of the picture. Like I said... nit-picky. Well regardless I think it looks awesome

ooh I never noticed the size difference in the arms, and the small hands again nuuu, I tried hard to make them bigger this time, next time next time! xD

Ah, nice - she's very delicate and shoujo-ish.

The size of her hands doesn't seem like such an issue to me, given how slender she is in general, but I think maybe her left foot should be a little higher to account for it being further away.

If you're going for a vintage look with the image, have you considered desaturating the colours a bit? If you reduce the saturation and increase the contrast, it might give it more the look of an early colour photo.

thanks for crits guys <333

------------------------------------------------------------------

I did this one today and it was only quick, colouring was lazy haha x3

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Cloudy; 04-18-2012 at 08:18 AM.

A work in progress for my art portfolio revamping an older sketch and giving it a background

Oh wow it looks incredible! I love the job you did on the background, her outfit looks really cool and the wolf looks just... damn. Cant wait to see it finished !

i love this the character design is hot as hell and wolf A+ {{{{ but if the wolf is her friend than why is she wearing its' baby???

This looks amazing so far! I'm excited to see it finished!

Mother of god, it's awesome :O I cannot wait to see it completed
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Thanks guys appreciate the nice comments!

Does anyone have any suggestions for the background, it's a little sparse, I will be adding colour over the top anyway :3

----

@rayiles: LOL I dunno man xD she's a messenger girl from the wilds they call them Wolf Messengers their wolves are a giant breed of dog that they can ride, I guess I felt the hat was fitting hehe.