Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ramiel's art

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel View Post

I accidentally deleted all of the pages I worked on in manga studio,

I don't know who made manga studio but it's hella of anoying software and I feel like I don't want to use it ever again!!!
    Noooo if you hate manga studio im gonna hate you too :3 just a joke, anyway I also happen to be using this graphic software if not manga studio.

http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/cl/

I'm already a master of 3 softwares, (photoshop, sai, illuststudio) and right now I'm trying to master mangastudio ex, and it's probably the hardest software I ever encounter ever!!!

so I guess I'll try what you recommended. thanks.

Manga Studio angst. Nothing new in the drawing community. I hate its dissimilarity with Sai and Photoshop, but I can't bring myself to hate the program itself because it's so much easier to make and organize manga pages than Photoshop. THAT SAID, I still think SmithMicro would have benefited from making it more similar to several more familiar art programs. At least let the touch ring on the side of my tablet do the same thing as it does in Photoshop.

While on that topic, is there a hotkey to zoom in and out or do you have to press the buttons on the toolbar every time?

Also, your most recent update made me install Manga Studio on my new computer. It's just that good.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I like these page layouts, but they seem really character-focused. Perhaps break it up with a background-heavy panel every once in a while? I also think that you should work on eyes. All of your eyes look exactly the same, and it's a little hard to differentiate your characters. That, and the current shape of them (beveled tops with no bottoms) makes them less expressive, in my opinion.

Also, Matt: What DOES the ring do in Ps? I have so many keys programmed that I never bothered learning the ring.

@Seefy - The ring zooms, changes brush size, and rotates the canvas in Photoshop, as well as Sai.

In Manga Studio, it moves the canvas up and down, screws up your brush settings, and makes you wish you'd never touched it.

Exaggerated, but that's the idea.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Oh I see. I just right click to change brush size, and I don't rotate or zoom much, so I se that's where my problem is. (Though I am more prone to rotate in Corel Painter.)

And oooooh Manga Studio, one day it'll get the point.

i don't know, I use scroll on my touchpad to zoom in and out, my tablet doesn't have a scroll and i never experience those.
    also.. that's the first time character shows up that's why i made it character focused. you know like how yabuki kentaro do in his manga.
    link,link and link

I know i'm not yet as good as this guy, but i'm aiming more to be like him without using him as reference.
    it's good thing those pages are erased now, cause now i'm fired up to make a better layout of pages

your right seefy, i should make different eyes from now on. i didn't really did a character design. thanks so much for the tip!!

Ahoy Rams you asked me what size are my brushes. Almost all of them are around 0.45 mm to 0.55 mm but i don't use manga stuido that much(not at all when i think about it(also why would you want to know!? 0.o) Its awesome for toning and making a lay-out for manga's (plus the 3D rendering option is kick ass for people that can't draw BG's fo shit) But as much as drawing goes.........i think it fails.............somehow the lines are always pixalated, no matter how much of dp i use.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I figured how to make the lines not pixalated. you just have to turn on the anti-aliasing in the tool settings,
    although I only know how to do it in raster layer. you have to make it "grayscale" not black and white and make sure the color reduction method is "do not reduce color.

I seen some other stuffs in the book i'm reading and it also teach how to turn on anti-aliasing in vector layer(although i didn't pay attention cause i don't really use vector layer).

anyway, 0.45 is thick enough i guess. as long as i control the pressure enough, I'll be using that from now on.

edit: @ matt, I use "[" key to make the brush small and "]" key to make the brush big.
    actually I think this works in any software.
    Last edited by ram; 09-18-2011 at 01:31 AM.

ok guys, I need help with this picture asap, actually I can't put my finger on it, but I know there's something wrong with the breast line coming from the clothing.

anyway, here is just one of the character I just made. he's sky my oc, I'm working on the back view but I got other stuffs to take care of and kinda busy with some other stuffs

C&C