Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ramiel's art

your right about that actually... i saw it about now... well i haven't posted my new work for a very long time now so i doubt i would have those types of mistakes again
    Last edited by ram; 07-04-2011 at 04:54 AM.

suggestion on details to put in the background would be much welcome.

edit: sorry for not posting any drawings for a very long time now, i don't feel like completing any drawings so i can't post them, this time i feel like i want to complete this... although i'm still not sure if i would
    Last edited by ram; 07-20-2011 at 11:13 AM.

I like the picture, the pose is well done and dynamic. My only problem is that the perspective on the central building looks off. I'm not sure if you were trying to do two or three point perspective here, it seems more like the former to me. From the angle that we are looking at, one of the vanishing points is located far above the buildings and the other looks as if it should be located somewhere directly behind the central building. If so, the opposite sides of the pillars separating the windows should be visible on the right side of the building (depending on where the vanishing point actually is). Sorry if this is confusing, it's difficult to describe it well verbally.

you probably know the capability of illuststudio nisaren.
    I haven't used perth ruler yet and i'm just trying to visualize what the place would look like so i didn't pay attention to perspective of it.
    the time i do, you won't probably see anything like that..

well i guess i'm closing the suggestion on what detail to put in the background now.

edit: I'm planing to just make this a one point perspective with a horizontal line that turn to slightly turn to the right, so that means the whole picture is slightly turn to the right,

all vertical lines and horizontal lines that should be perfectly horizontal and vertical would be different .
    that probably what confused you
    Last edited by ram; 07-20-2011 at 08:14 PM.

i need to know how to apply patterns in folds,
    here, lol i enjoy playing too much on patterns and over did it, anyway look at the skirt. it's so hard for me to break them or roll them to make it look like the pattern is in the flow of the clothing, so could anyone please tell me how i can apply patten in folds?

The best way you'll be off adding patterns to folds is drawing the patterns yourself. I haven't ever gotten the patterns to work just the way I want them to when there are more complex folds. Just take some time making the pattern follow the folds and imagine how it would work its way around the back of the fold over to the visible front of the fold. Make it a game. It will get to be a really simple thing when you work with it. Don't worry if it starts confusing you.

You might want to do one line of the pattern through the whole skirt before you set it down and do something else to avoid confusion. If you want to use the pattern tools, then just try to offset the pattern after each fold.

thanks. well i actually found a tutorial on how to put pattern if fold right about now. it's a matter of selecting it and transforming in every single fold. though i haven't tried it yet, i might try your suggestion

Fenn
    Work still great as ever. The...magic, or whatever those dark impacts are on the last drawing look sort of out of place though. IDK what it is, they just attract negative attention.

LOL MANGA STUDIO CHAINS BRUSH FTW!!!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Work still great as ever. The...magic, or whatever those dark impacts are on the last drawing look sort of out of place though. IDK what it is, they just attract negative attention.
    their just patterns. actually i'm not familiar with illuststudio patterns so i just played with it, though i'm not putting those.
    i'm making the finish project with background just like what i did with the sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    LOL MANGA STUDIO CHAINS BRUSH FTW!!!!!
    i'm using illuststudio
    hahaha, actually i never tried pattern brush on mangastudio, but i herd illuststudio is combination of photoshop, sai and mangastudio so i guess those chain brush was originated in mangastudio.