Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ramiel's art

101 Dalmations Member
    I think that there is so much noise in your layout. .or white space. . and the design is not balanced. the placement of the figures and the speech bubbles. .its not "catchy" . ..I think. .you know. .you understand me right?. . I hope that I didn't sound bad. .

well obviously because none of those pages are finished.. xD
    I'm not sure where to put the speech bubbles... sometimes i just put the speech bubbles to the part that i can't draw perfectly..
    the "white space" your talking about is the places i haven't thought of what to put yet...
    and the noise... i don't know.... actually I have already said in the first comment that i will do something about that library scene.. xD
    if you talking about the noise somewhere else then i don't know...
    and the design... i guess it's not really good... your right about that.. xD

edit:basically your saying that my whole manga structure is lacking balance..
    i really believe that the placement of my figures and speech bubbles is good... i wish you can give me a much better example... give me a link on your favorite manga... and if i don't like that manga, then i wont change the placement of the figures and speech bubbles on this manga,,
    Last edited by ram; 06-22-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I've been looking at your manga pages and considering your comment about not knowing where to place speech bubbles, why don't you do this:

Instead of drawing the speech bubble on there along with the rest of the panels and images inside of them, just draw everything without speech bubbles. After all of it is colored and whatnot, then add the speech bubbles on a separate layer. That way you can move the speech bubble around, re-size it and try things out. That way, you're not stuck with how you drew it in there already.

Just a thought. Try it out.

ok... lol that takes another baggage of work but that's what i'll do from now on

edit:actually i thought it was random where you put that speech bubbles..
    Last edited by ram; 06-23-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel View Post
    edit:actually i thought it was random where you put that speech bubbles..
    lol Heck no! Speech bubble placement is much related to composition as it would in regular drawings. Well, at least to those who do it well, it's an art in and of itself. Those who do it well have speech bubbles that flow yet don't cover up the images in the panel while those who suck at it mess up the reading flow from one bubble to another or don't consider the end result in regards to everything else around it.

Anyways, I would suggest you read Will Eisner's books on Sequential Art and Graphic Storytelling. They'll make you look at speech bubbles and comic book storytelling in a whole new light.

aaaarrrrggghhh.... another things to read!? my mind can't take it anymore... the books that i have to read already piled up...
    but thanks a lot rio

lol You don't have to read it right away but it will be worth your while once you do. C:

You color beautifully! What program did you use for the tons and coloring? And where did you learn to draw backgrounds?

i wish i know how to answer that.... it's just random where i learn how to do background and i'm not really good at backgrounds yet.. the time i did those backgrounds.. i have no idea that perspective exist yet...

i use photoshop to color those things(but i use mouse then so i wont be doing that type of coloring again)... but i'm good at coloring in other program like paint tool sai and illuststudio.. it makes no difference now that i have a tablet...

Fenn
    Wow, I'm tempted to use some of your characters as references! I LOVE your style, probably because it is close to how I would like to draw (emphasis on like). That being said I can see what you said on page 1 about that feeling of "just ok." I think it has to do not with any specific piece, but how they go together maybe? Also, your more complex perspectives of heads and faces seem off at times. That's just me though.