Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ramiel's art

well thanks.. actually i've been having real life as reference as well cloudy-swhaaaan..
    but not the face though.. =_= just the body atleast... in real life there are too many lines in the clothes so i think i'll stick with reference from eroge cg and wallpapers...

here just edited page 3... >.< it looks better now i think.....
    and took your advise.. it might still not be what you think that would improve but I'll work on that..
    and i haven't edited the library scene because it's too much work but i will get on that in time...

i'm changing my page 5 into this position... it looks better this way... and i think i like this posing better... got it from posemaniacs.. >.< still working on it though... but still want to know you opinion

just compare the past images to these images and if you think i'm not improving tell me now.. but don't expect that i'll put my pencil down forever... lol
    Last edited by ram; 06-03-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Things are already looking much, much better, especially with the last panel. The change in angle is really effective.

well right now I'm not actually focusing on making manga... >.< still problem on making backgrounds
    lookie here I've made this for the manga academy 100 theme challenge..

yeah i just made my character cosplay as a magical girl.... but she's not keep in mind that... >.<
    right now I'll do this as a practice to improve to making background... >.< I plan to make it look like the place in GOSICK anime or harry potter that is like inside a tower or something.. >.<
    and yeah i just made a change in character design
    specially with her hair..

why can't she look at me? no matter what i edit in the eyes she can't look at me >.<.. I feel like the character I'm drawing hates me >.<

I'd like to copy touhou's clothes but I changed my mind and just invent what comes to my mind >.<... but it still looks like not worth mentioning.. =_=
    one day I'll be as good as the creator of touhou wallpapers when it comes to clothes designing! REMEMBER THAT!
    Last edited by ram; 06-10-2011 at 06:46 PM.

....Idk...the things you say, makes me think of you as a young female Naruto.*shrug* as far as the eyes go, Idk what your talking about. Maybe your looking at the wrong part of the eye? The black circle in the middle is the pupil....and its centered, and looking right at you.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    It's quite good so far, but the legs don't line up with the hips, based on how the body is twisted and the boobs are different sizes. Though you are probably too far in to fix it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Though you are probably too far in to fix it at this point.
    cging takes to much time >.< i guess it's alright to leave this as it is ... already noticed what you said but it's to late T_T

Quote Originally Posted by NWAP View Post
    as far as the eyes go, Idk what your talking about. Maybe your looking at the wrong part of the eye? The black circle in the middle is the pupil....and its centered, and looking right at you.
    no it's still not >.< look carefully it's not looking at me.. just right click and view image to see it bigger

use selection too more for cleaner shading

none of these are finished by the way... just want to post all i have in my gallery >.<

Dude... the 100 theme challenge is awesome! You know tons more about coloring than I do so I can't comment much on that. I can guess at a few reasons why the girl doesn't seem to be looking much at you... maybe it's something about the composition of the drawing? From the way she's sitting it seems that your background's bottom vanishing point should be rather higher, almost to the point of just underneath her shoes. That'll also allow you to move her a bit down, which should make her gaze seem more focused at the viewer too. (Edit: A rule of thumb is to not have a part of the subject cut off by the canvas anyways :P)

On an unrelated note, bear in mind that if you make your drawing fairly centered, you have to introduce something that adds imbalance to the picture. What that means is up to you. Great job overall though. xD
    Last edited by Hamachi; 06-20-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
    Dude... the 100 theme challenge is awesome! You know tons more about coloring than I do so I can't comment much on that.
    hehehe.. i just imitated this type of coloring in touhou although i haven't master it yet..
    it's one of my best trait... imitating people.. (maybe i could be a clown when i can't find my future as an artist)

anyway thanks for the tip... i can't believe i didn't see that before...