Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: ramiel's art

I think it looks fine on the left side but on the right it's a bit more dense compared with the left, you could also consider spreading some of the fire on the ground using burning foliage etc. Its looking great by the way can I ask how you made it?

Hope I helped somewhat

What do you mean? the fire?

Yeah the fire, that is how I see it anyway. Sorry for not being more specific on the original post :/

Oh, no, I'm not the one who's not being specific.

I mean what do you mean of how I created? you mean how I created the fire? or the whole picture?

Just the fire, the rest of it is brilliant really unfortunately fire is a horrendous thing to draw :/

If you know why I mean if you look at the right side the fire looks much more concentrated compared with the left

it's just random strokes and some experiments with the brush settings, with overlay layer... unfortunately I'm still not good with it.

but as long as you know how to paint you can do it easy.. well to my level atleast.

i think the fire looks fine. they layout of the page is confusing me though. which way is it supposed to be read right-left or vice versa? i can't tell :/ (though that could just be my relative inexperience:/)

It's right to left you fool.

it's a small size how can you even read it?

But if a mortal like you really want to critique on a perfect being like I am, I'll let you atleast give it a try bwahahaha
    page 1
    SPOILER! :

the page 2
    SPOILER! :

I'm still having trouble with this cause... I don't know how to handle the cut on the middle if the books is open

if you call me a fool i'll stop critiquing your art >:C

on the 3rd page put the title of your story either in the lower left hand corner or in the center of the page (like the title frame of a movie) an then do the cool wallpaper-y thingy that you see alot in comic books.
    you could try and make it work (the wallpaper) by panelling similar wallpapers around or over each other. that way you could deal with the cut by making the panels of wallpaper go to the edges of the paper without having to connect them across the pages.

page 1, give the brunette guy a background. could be art noveau style, could be pure black or a literal back ground, what ever, just give it a background because white isn't really suitable as a colour for emotionally charged scenes.

suddenthought: if you reversed the ballon colours on the last panel (pg 2) it would give alot more emphasis to the words.

you can edit the size and resolution of your page in the settings bar of your browser.duh
    Last edited by WhenRabbitsAttack; 06-16-2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: realised something.