Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: ramiel's art

~It's me ram~
    here's for the Saimoe Competition!
    She's Samantha Rodwell.. actually at the beginning of my manga I named her Candy since I got a lot of my friends telling me Samantha is not a very pretty name

Bio: She's discovered she have the power of air when she was 6 (it's not actually bending, my physics of power is not like that) Anyways her powers usually reacts on emotion and she loves playing with it but kept it a secret from her friends all the time.. it usually reacts on her emotion like too much anger or too much joy, she discovered that cause she accidentally used it on her friends from time to time but because it's a transparent power and it's easy to hide and she has nothing to fear and it's easy too come up with other stories since it's just air.

when she was 8 her little brother was born, there was a time where a burglar comes to her house and a gun was pointed towards her and her brother and that's where she almost killed her brother because she can't handle her powers very much.. after that she breaks up with her friends and swore to never show too much emotion all the time.

she smiles and uses some angry faces emotion but it's not really through the heart.

Also this scene is where she's battling in the beach with some guy with the power of fire, well.. I am practicing fire anyways.. >_>
    Last edited by mimi_kiel; 05-27-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Isn't it RAM's thread Hmm... Kind of confusing perhaps you should have pm it to MIKURU the hole sorta thing . But still then nice.
    And sorry RAM i was searching i could say anything about your arts, well there ain't any faults in it . ''RAM THE GREAT'' does make sense the way you do.

here I made a quick sketch... this is from my manga... err. (and no their not naked in scene I just draw naked before drawing the clothes)..... do you think the girl is too big? cause if I make her a little bit smaller she might come out too short in comparison with the male.

So what do you think?

I think it looks awesome even though you havent clothed them yet I also think it looks good as it is but I suppose if you wanted to you could decrease the girl's size a bit to make the man seem more heroic (I'm assuming he has saved her or something)? Not sure if it would work or not but maybe it would be worth experimenting with I love the way you draw your art by the way! Sorry that i'm unable to provide more feedback :/

Thanks, I'll consider experimenting.

Do you think I could get away with it if I make her a little smaller here and make her bigger when standing postures in the other scenes?

I would imagine so as long as you were careful with the perspective and proportions etc and don't over do it, I couldn't really confirm or not because i'm not good enough and haven't really experimented with said technique myself, I suggested it because I remember hearing a friend of mine who attend an art college talking about it.

What I can suggest though is that if you experiment around and do some quick sketches and post them up so people can see them, we will be able to tell you whether or not it would work in that particular setting

here's another try, I guess I should just change all of my pages here on out.

this looks good! her size does look better in comparison to the male. is he supposed to be smiling at the camera though?

Now that you mention it I think I did made a mistake on where he's looking

I kind of like it as it is. Look at the girl's face, then back to the boy's.

The guy is sort of grinning at the camera, and the girl is looking at him like "why aren't you looking at me?" It's got a bit of an unpleasant undertone to it that could be pretty cool if developed. My favourite shoujo, Kare Kano, is all about this sort of subtle nastiness/insecurity and what the characters do to help themselves.

The fingers of the hand under her leg seem a little stubby. I can't really redline or anything though because I'm not an artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.