Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So, what kind of music do you listen to while drawing?

I listen to music from the "Common practice period", so anything classical, romantic, or baroque.

OST's from some of my favorite anime work very nicely, too. The OST for Haruhi Suzumiya no Shoushitsu has been played many, many times.

Or sometimes I'm in a j-pop mood.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I listen to a little of everything depending on my mood. But most of the time you can find me listening to the most aggressive of extreme metal or rap.

Things like this.

Fenn
    For you trailer music buffs, google the artist Future World Music. Just got the public album, good stuff.

7 8 9 Member
    Cool to see I'm not the only one listening to animal collective while drawing.
    I don't really know... I listen to a lot of stuff while drawing. Usually the entire blood sugar sex magik album, some mastodon, the digable planets, some tool, Blur, Gorilaz, little barrie and metric. Stuff like that I guess.

Gorillaz is good stuff.

I'm an 'old school' guy at heart. I grew up in the 80s & I love Hip Hop. Not this diluted materialistic drivel that pllutes the airwaves today, but the older stuff like Run DMC, A Tribe Called Quest, Grand master Flash & the Furious Five & Eric and Rakim. When I'm working, grab this old CD from a group called Newcleus & it takes me back to when I was 10. This puts me in the perfect creative frame of mind to get to drawing.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 07-22-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    So you only listen to 80's "oldies"? Funny you should say that because there are some artists today who have put out songs that sound like they could belong in the 80s. Here's something to take you back - one of my fave 80's* hip hop songs: Ditty by Paperboy. <3

* Ok, it was technically released in the early 90's if you want to get technical <.<

Muse. Brand New. Numerous J-bands I can't be bothered to name. That is all.

Ha ha ha!

"Do the ditty if you, wan to...
    Because then I can see you if I, want too..."

Yes I remember that! West coast stuff is cool. I listen to a lot of newer guys too, just not the radio stuff I guess. My favorite hip hop group EVER is the Roots (R-double O-T-S check the flow!). Shoot...I even like MC Front-a-Lot. I also love Rush, The Police, Cameo...aw man I just miss the 80s!