Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So, what kind of music do you listen to while drawing?

I listen to classical music... OTL

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I bought the "99 Darkest Pieces of Classical Music" from Amazon.com for two dollars. If you're looking for cheap classical compilation albums, Amazon's got a lot to offer. :>

It'd better have this on it. Although technically that's not classical music. Also it'd better have Lux Aeterna from Requiem For A Dream (which also isn't technically classical) and Verdi's rendition of the end of Dies Irae (which is romantic rather than classical, I think...). And Grieg's Piano Concerto in A Minor, which might actually be classical in the true sense.

...you know what, fuck it, everything I listen to in terms of classical music might fall into 'darkest pieces'. Except Greensleeves, which inexplicably comes into my head when I see violent things irl or otherwise.

EDIT: Grieg wasn't a classical composer either? (He was Romantic.) EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 05-31-2011 at 04:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Double Digits Member General_Marmalade's Avatar
    Lately I've been listening to The Witcher II soundtrack whilst I'm drawing.....it's really good fantasy music and quite inspiring....and if not that then some other classical or Orchestral type stuff.............and if not that then what ever.......hah aha ha ahahahahaha

When I draw I don't listen anything... maybe the tv but nothing I would care.

When I paint I listen stuffs that provoke me, probably Losing My Religion, Mars Volta, Melt Banana, Phantomas, Hedwing and The Angry Inch Sound Track, American Beauty Sound Track, Queen, etc (everything that gave emotional or censorial provocative).

Double Digits Member
    Bacon_Barbarian, you can't be too comprehensive or elaborate

I generally listen to random stuff, from regular songs to musical pieces to soundtracks. I generally try to look for something that has a little to do with what I am drawing though. If it's a fight scene, for example, I would go for Disturbed or rock/metal. If it's calm or a scenery I usually pick soundtracks.

@General Marmalade - That game has got a seriously awesome soundtrack.

@Delph - I also like dark classical; Lux Aeterna was one of my favorites for quite a long time (I over-listened to it, though).

It's best to listen to whatever fits what you're drawing. I listen to rock or metal or techno for a battle scene, Nightwish for anything fantasy-related (and as of recently, Witcher 2's soundtrack). I go to production music for nearly everything, though. This song is one of my favorites, as is this one.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Yeah, Seefy. You're not truly rounded until you listen to power tools.
    Hahaha, actually when it started, it wasn't so bad (given my expectations), but I ended up hating it at the end because there was zero progression of ideas. XD

Annnnd very recently I've been getting into crappily dry-recorded simple stuff that does no one any good, so I listen to that a lot, too.

Fenn
    Epic Score. Almost always Epic Score.

i might sound kinda old but i listen to beethoven's 5th and 9th symphony they sound the best to me ((: