Thread: PREFERABLE SETTINGS FOR BAMBOO

PREFERABLE SETTINGS FOR BAMBOO

umm .... YEAH.... Just got bamboo cte660 ..
    hmm where to start that, i am new to tablet things .... so i tried drawing with default settings .. it worked but i want to ask that is there any GOOD SETTINGS that i can go for ????
    whenever i draw my outlines get A BIT SHAKE TYPE ...(rough) so , is there any settings so that i can get smooth curves ??
    I am using MANGA STUDIO EX4 and PHOTOSHOP CS5 .
    Also which one is good PEN MODE OR MOUSE MODE ????

The wobbly lines you're getting is probably due to your hand shaking slightly, try practising faster strokes. The faster the stroke, the more a shake will be spread out over a line and the less noticeable it is.

If you're really concerned about the cleanliness of your lines you can always use the pen tool in PS (and I'm pretty sure MS has it too) to create smooth shapes which you can then fill with black.

As for preferable settings, that's really up to you. I use pen mode, just because it's the default mode (and it's a frigging pen-like object), with my nib sensitivity set a bit higher than the 'average' (middle) setting. If you're noticing that your line thickness changes a lot in one stroke, try lowering the sensitivity until you can draw with consistent pressure.

PS: Easy on the caps, most of us are capable of reading and analysing text just fine. No need to point out the obvious important bits with caps and bold font.