Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk Like an Kemetese (E)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Why, I'm me, silly! I mean, who else would I be?" The Elf-thing said before Ismat even opened her mouth to speak. "I knew your name because you're my guests! It would be pretty strange of me to invite you to tea if I didn't even know your names!" She laughed.

"Of course you're not dead!" She laughed, before her voice took on a horrifying, angry tone. "Nothing ever dies here! No matter how much I beg or scream or cry or try, no matter how many times I die, It won't ever let me die. I was trying to help, you know. To save them. To save us. I thought it was a good idea. I mean, we had no choice. I had no choice! I didn't know. I didn't know. I was trying to fucking help!"

She stopped abruptly, and nudged Ismat with her foot. "It's very rude hiding down there. Very un-ladylike. Why don't you sit down and behave yourself?" She laughed before shrugging at Anass, not reacting at all to the fact a very large spider had just crawled out of Anass's ear, dove into his teacup, and exploded in a shower of tiny fireworks. "She's quite the odd one, eh?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

You learn very quickly, when all that stands between you and She-who-sees's cold touch is finding your way, always always always trust your Guide.

So when Nuru started freaking out, whipping her legs with his tail and snapping at her ankles when she took a step forward, Ode didn't care that she looked like a superstitious savage when she refused to go any further. The feeling of dread was one thing, but by the Sister's, this was something else.

She had sat, back to the ship, and stroked a hand down Nuru's bristling spine as she waited for her companions voices to fade.

Nuru edged closer to her, and she nudged him with a knee. "Silly," she murmured, "they're just getting something, and then we'll be gone and I'll get paid for doing nothing more than sitting here. I think you're getting soft, my Guide, my Nuru."

Even still, she glanced at the sky. The sun had moved too far. For a simple snatch and split, this was taking too long.

Too long, too long. The unease that pricked at her skin rippled through her belly.

Too long. Viktor thought her ignorant; most of the people-who-do-not-walk did. They saw the walking peoples had no scrolls- most couldn't read and fewer could write more than their name- and they saw ignorance.

The people-who-do-not-walk did not hear the songs. Songs passed down, songs that spoke to the very flesh. The flesh remembers.

The hair on the back of Ode's neck stood out, and she shivered in the heat.

The flesh remembers, and they have taken too long.

Sending curses and prayers to the Sisters, Ode moved fluidly to her feet, and turned to face the beached ship. Nuru hissed, forked tongue flicking in and out of his mouth, increasingly agitated. Ode unsheathed her swords, and very gently nudged the lizard with a foot.

"Stay," she instructed him, in a tone that allowed no argument, and climbed up to the boat.

The blob that was Ismat's curled up form seemed to shiver for a moment at the clearly insane woman's outburst. -Or the thing that looked like a woman's outburst? Nudging her only caused the tiefling to roll onto her back and continue to act completely unresponsive.

"Yeah. Sorry. I'm pretty rude, you see." The voice was just as detached as before, as if actively trying to respond whimsically to somehow change the mood of the situation... or alter the course of what was clearly a dream? "But I dressed for the occasion, didn't I? Haha. Just look at that slob Anass. I like your dress, too, but you'd look super better with antlers, I think, and... and... without horns you guys just look sorta bald you know, so you callin' me... is kinda l-l-like..."

"W-w-what did you say your name was again, hun? What about this frisky mausoleum? Those things has names, don't them... t-t-those?..."

"Oh, silly!" The Elf-thing laughed. "I'm the White Queen. I think. Wait, no. Yes. No. Wait. Yes!" She giggled again. "I mean, if I wasn't the White Queen, who would I be? The Red Queen?" She gave a laugh and a snort. "Oh! How un-ladylike of me. But yeah, I'm the Red Queen, definitely. It would be silly if I wasn't. The White Queen, that is. Not the Red Queen. Definitely not the Red Queen. Unless I was. If I was the Red Queen, I'd definitely be her, wouldn't I? I, mean, that's how it works, right? But I'm not. Her. That is. I'm not the Red Queen, I'm the Red Queen. I mean, the White Queen. That's who I am. Definitely. I'm positive, unless I'm wrong."

"Can't trust her, though. Right proper bitch, if you'll pardon my un-ladylike language." She smiled at Anass. "Oh! Hello. When did you get here?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

The second that the 'Queen's attention was directed at Anass, Ismat bolted forward and scuttled along underneath the table. She took refuge by standing up behind the high-back chair at the end and raising her dress above the level of the legs, in one swift motion... Then instantly ruined it by poking her head out obnoxiously and giving the woman a severe look of agitation.

"Why w-won't this dream end already?" Her winding red tail snapped like a whip, and her raspy voice began a rapid-fire torrent of insults and demands in disgruntlement. "Dissolve, idiot! I'm, like, bored! I'll scream! Ugly!"

Several hours passed in silence.

"Oh, you think this is a dream?" The White and/or Red Queen suddenly piped up. "You're confused, silly! Out there is the dream. In here? This is the Truth."

"In h-here? In here?" Ismat's face flushed fully crimson with annoyance, and she suddenly lept upon the table, knocking abhorent cutlery everywhere. Shoulders arced inward, fists down, and cheeks puffed outward, she was just about the angriest that a frumpy five-ish foot sheep girl could look. "Y-You c-can't just say that and not tell me where we are! How about were or what is here? -and what the hell is wrong with you, dimstreak!? Tramp! Idiot!"

"Here is here, where you are, silly! Where else would here be? Here is Kadath." The White and/or Red Queen then frowned. "You're very rude, Ismat. Go away."

And then Ismat Went Away.

Ismat found herself alone in a strange and alien place.

Only she wasn't alone. She never, ever, really was. Especially not here, in this place. Of course not, here. Here, It was with her. And very near, very close. So close she could feel It.

Everyone was gone. Tahira felt like crying, but that would be silly and childish. She'd show them! After all, it wasn't like she'd decided to leave home just to go on safe journeys and deliver mail; she'd wanted to see dangers and exotic thingys. But this was unreal. Magic? She'd never done any like it, or seen any sorcerer do any like it. She hadn't seen many magicians, though. Maybe she was naive, but there was something new to do right now, and that was go up the stairs.

And vanish. Like they had. It was crazy. Why would she throw herself into the unknown like that? It was stupid to come out here, stupid ever to leave the apothecary. She thought. She thought too much about it all. She was thinking too much about it all. She should be helping the crazy demon-woman-thing and the thug, not sitting out here hugging her knees. Yet she couldn't move her legs. Ismat had taken the Heroism, but she was the one who really needed it. More than she needed a plaster for her bruises.

Screw it, she couldn't stay here. She reached deep inside her mind for a scrap of courage, found the world of courage in its infinite supply, tried to draw some of it into herself, to will herself forwards. Go up the stairs.

Tahira casts Command.

It worked. She headed up the stairs.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 04-28-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

A tremendous, horrible sound ate at Ismat's ears. She covered them with her hands desperately. It didn't help. Was it inside her head? Was this all inside her head?

Walking didn't really work properly, either. It felt like gravity hadn't decided if it could be bothered existing today. The floor felt alternatingly like hot syrup or solid ice, too. Regardless, she dragged herself forward and tried to find the nearest thing to lash out at. It didn't exist. So, she just yelled out instead.

"I'll find you, you ugly deformed shits! I know you're doing this! I know it'isn't real! I'll make you hurt! Slimy god-dammed mush-headed vomit-licking shitfucks!"
    Last edited by Regantor; 04-29-2012 at 12:52 AM.