Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardashiri Nights (E)

Since Ismat hadn't looked through the window, she just went ahead and assumed that the commotion from before had all just been part of an elaborate magical trap, before barging in and immediately looking for interesting things to shove into her pockets. "Ah, yeah, clever sods... Bet that means they 'ave nice junk through..."

SPOILER! :
    Search check;
    1d20+10=30
    Spot check;
    1d20+8=9
    A twenty followed by a one. I have no idea what this means. >_>

"Think the evily-evily no good feelin' is a bit of a magic ruse too?"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Poking around the room, Ismat found a few trinkets, baubles, and loose change that might be worth something. Flipping about stuff, she also noticed something.

Every single piece of paper in the room was blank. The papers on the desk, even some open books. No words, anywhere.

It was watching her. Anass, too. They could feel It. It was looking right at them. Right into them.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Tahira shivered.

"Did anyone else feel that it was like there was some enormous ABYSS staring deep into my soul and knowing everything about me and putting nasty thoughts there of darkness and mortality and how the stars are so far away but in our arrogance we assume we can just reach out and grab them and you know that sort of thing. Creepy philosophy or wizardy stuff."

She hefted the glowing baseball bat in one hand, ran her fingers over the inscription, then rested it on her shoulder.

"But there's nothing here to bludgeon and I don't even remember if I can remember how to cast a spell to get rid of anything evil lurking here and I don't know why but I don't think whatever's gazing into me can be smashed with motivation and courage. Oh yeah I forgot to remember that I was saying can anyone else feel that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

"... Yeah... 'Wizardy'... That's pretty apt..." Ismat responded, but was too busy looking for other things to pinch to bother actually looking at Tahira. "Probally some kinda defense magic-trick-thing. Seen it before, I have... and if Victor wants their trinkets and do-dahs, they must have some pretty good magicy contrapulations dinking it about, even he doesn't know about... right?..."

She didn't sound too sure on that last bit, alrough it was more like disinterest than fear. Well, the tiefling wasn't exactly keeping her eyes on the ball, but surely not every unending death god they encountered was going to be the geniune deal, right?...

"...Maybe they use invisable ink?..."

Anass decided to check out the room next door, approaching the door and sticking his ear to it.
    SPOILER! :
    Listen: 1d20+21=34

Anass heard nothing out of the ordinary.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Anass opens door.
    SPOILER! :
    Dex: 1d20+8=23

The door opened without incident. The room on the other side was... uh... um...

The walls were entirely black and most certainly not wood. They appeared to be some jagged, rough, ashen material. Where the floor should have been was just a yawning, endless, abyss. It looked like it went on forever.

It probably did.

And, of course, worst of all was that Anass was not alone. It was here, watching him.

"Come here, this room is weird." Anass backed away from the door, not risking falling into the hole like some awkward mage.

"Wow." Tahira's eyes widened as she gazed into the dark room. "I think it would be really not good if any of us were to fall down there."

She pulled out a few pebbles from one of the numerous pouches on her belt (shouldn't those have held medical herbs?) and threw them into the bottomless pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.