Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardashiri Nights (E)

Ismat writhed for a moment and held her hand to the effected horn, as if hearing nails across a chalkboard. As pleased as she was at not being called devil for once, it did seem the sinister wee sprite still got really squeemish all of a sudden. Perhaps she was simply caught off gaurd by Ode's rare cheery mood?

"... I only stole them because you kept calling me that... and, honestly, I was expecting a slap, what's with you today? Geez." She was still rubbing her horn uncombfertably.

After a moment, she just sighed and turned back to Viktor one last time. "... Insufferable cleric? Great. Like there is any other kind... Were do we meet this stuck up mommies boy anyhow?"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Tahira Nawra appeared to have large mounds upon their chest, and their skin complexion was far too dark to be an Elf. I am quite positive, Ms. Makaarim, that this 'mommies boy' is, in fact, a female." Viktor gave a dry smile and proceeded to open a drawer on his desk and retrieve four hand-sized mirrors. "A gift for you three and your new acquaintance. To remember your first job together by. I'm sure that it will provide you with much peace of mind and happiness in the years to come."

Viktor rose with a chuckle and waved a hand as he made his way out. "I've a class to teach. You've a rare artifact wrought by eldritch abominations beyond mortal understanding to retrieve. Good day."

Oh, Viktor.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

A girl, young enough to be one of Viktor's students, emerged from the doorway he'd just left through. Her dark eyes glistened with anticipation as she observed the group; every inch of her emanated a frenetic excitement. She squeaked a greeting in a nauseously high-pitched voice:
    "Hi my name's Tahira Nawra and as I think I just heard Mr. Weiss tell you I'm a cleric. I don't think I'm insufferable though but Mr. Weiss is so moody no wonder his students talk about him behind his back right? If he thinks I'm so insufferable I don't understand why he'd want to hire me unless it was just because he needed someone really really cheap and enthusiastic to do his work for him. I mean I'm not experienced like some of you but I've really wanted to do this for a long time now so maybe that's why. So can you introduce yourselves to me? This eldritch abominations beyond mortal understanding thing can't be all that bad, right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

The second Viktor left the room, Ismat immediately clambered onto Viktor's desk and sat square in the middle of it. There was a little brass globe upon it which she took a second to examine, then flipantly threw it over her shoulder onto the floor behind her.

"How much d'you guys think an Illithidy brick is worth on the black market anyhow? I recon we could get even more tha-"

She cut off suddenly, as a new broad had just entered the room and was insisting on introducing herself... Ah, so this was the 'insufferable cleric'.

Nudging her butt off the desk, Ismat knocked off a whole bunch more of Viktor's things, then swaggered over to the newcomer in order to get right in her personal space whilst examining her. The horned girl's head swayed like a cobra, wide amber eyes looking for any scrap of information she could use against the skinny uptight hag.

"Kinda cleric are ya, anyway, huh?" The tone was super obnoxious, and she made a point of yanking on the woman's garment with those little sin-stained crimson hands of hers. "You'll probally just call me devil-blood or unholy progney or something nasty like that, won't you? So what'sa point in giving you my name? You're not being bumped by him, and that's why you're on this mission? That's not it, is it?"

Yeah, tieflings aren't really known for liking people of the cloth, it turns out.
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-15-2012 at 09:06 PM.

"Hey, gedoff me!" said Tahira, shaking the tiefling's hand off her clothing. "I don't care what you are but stop pulling on me."

The tiefling was still all over her, though, and - what did she just say?

"Ewww did you just say I was sleeping with Mr. Weiss what eww he's old enough to be my father why would you say that? I volunteered to come along because I wanted to do something but I thought I'd be with experienced people not people who tugged at my clothes."
    Last edited by Delphinus; 01-16-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Ode's good mood vanished as the new girl entered the room, replaced with mounting irritation. "Cleric, I'm developing a headache. You can cure it without magical intervention instantly; just cease speaking. Preferably indefinitely." Pinching the bridge of her nose, she breathed in and out slowly. "Yes, Illithids are that bad." She shook her head, adding to herself, "Insufferable I can work with but did he have to inflict us with stupid-?"

"My name is Ode, the girl is Ismat and the thug is Anass. We all have more experience in our fingers than you appear to have sense in that empty little head of yours, and you will show us respect. No don't reply, I need no further provocation to gag you."

She clapped her hands together, and flashed a chilly smile. "Excellent, introductions made. I'll see you all tomorrow." With that she swept out of the room, Nuru at her heels.

Ismat was clearly sputtering after Tahira began to take offence, and by the time Ode had began her verbal smack-down, it had developed into outright laughter. Not really bothering to say anything else, she then just planted all three of Viktor's gift mirrors into the cleric's hands, turned, and gave the still-meek Anass a goodbye face-patting.

An amused sensation fluttered through her mind, and made itself apparent in the little skipping dance that she made on the way out. What exactly did the short thing spend her spare time on, other than confounding and harrassing people? It was probally best not to ask.

Tahira looked at Anass with reservation. He looked scarier than the two women had, but saying nothing was better than being rude, right? So she tottered over to him, struggling not to drop any of the mirrors, and tried to offer him one.
    "I can't carry all of these alone I might drop one and that's bad luck isn't it? What's with them anyway I know I'm not the ideal travelling companion but at least they could try and help me instead of being all blah blah blah shut up you silly little girl."
    She looked up at him hopefully. Maybe underneath the rugged exterior there was a heart of gold?

There was no heart of gold, Anass headed out the office throwing the mirror Ismat gave him in a nearby plant pot, paying no attention to cleric girl.

"Fine!" she shouted after the departing adventurers, "Fuck you too! See if I care what you think!"

But she had her job, and she wasn't going to let a load of snotty bastards who wouldn't even help a poor girl who was in need of a helping hand to get her head around adventuring get in her way. They'd see how useful she could be.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 01-20-2012 at 10:57 AM.