Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk Like an Kemetese (E)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The crenelations on the front of the fort opened to a long hallway that presumably ran around the fort so that archers could shoot out.

There didn't seem to be any signs of violence or struggle, from what Anass could see. The hallway had accumulated considerable sand and dust, though, so apparently no one had been on the second floor for a while.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"We can sneak in through this window." Anass climbed down, and grabbed the women's hands. "Or would you rather open that heavy looking door?"
    SPOILER! :
    Climb:1d20+17=27
    Last edited by Superdooperphailmachine; 05-28-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Ode rolled her eyes and snapped, "Rouge, cease your simpering get down from the horse and check the doors for any nasty surprises." She swung down from her own horse, wincing slightly as Nuru dug his claws into her shoulders. "We'll go through the front door. We're just here playing glorified babysitters checking up for daddy; we're not trying to kill anyone, get information or do anything else that explicitly requires stealth." She bent and allowed Nuru to climb to the floor, stroking a finger along his head as she did so. "Besides, we rather scuppered the whole stealth thing with our approach."
    She moved towards the other skeletal horses and examined them carefully, "These are no doubt the student's horses. Whatever happened to them- and going by the state of the place and the fact that no-one has come to ask why we're here I'm guessing it's not just laziness that resulted in there being no report- they did not leave of their own violation." She paused and shrugged, "Well, unless they had some other way of travelling. Considering they were students of magic, however, it seems odd that they wouldn't just take the horses."

Anass just shook his head.
    "I think we should go in through the window, it is much easier than going in through that door and probably safer. besides a wizard like our employer would be able to contact these students on his own, it would be quicker and cheaper than hiring us too. I don't trust him."

Ismat looked like she was going to kiss Anass for his gallantry at first, but she just sort of clapped her hands on his cheeks, smiled, and left it at that instead.

"Not well met, miss..." She spoke softly, turning her nose up right back at Ode as she hopped clear of her steed. The new added high difference made her decidedly not threatening. "In my experience, magic fellows are quite frequently absorbed in their experienced frequency of experienced magics. Walking to the front door isn't hard if they don't care about you coming towards their front door specifically. Those fellows, anyway, them."

Despite her complaints, she examined the door for locks and traps regardless. It would be better to find out now, encase they had to leave in a hurry.

SPOILER! :
    Search;
    1d20+10=27

It would be easier to tell if she was trying to sneak if the woman ever walked normally.
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-29-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    There were no traps that Ismat could find.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"It's... clean..." Ismat noted, breifly. "and not trapped... or locked closed..."

Ode regarded Ismat for a few moments, before turning back to the horses. "I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, and I sincerely don't care. Anyway, the thug's right, they must have had a simple messaging system." She glanced at Anass briefly, "And no, of course we don't trust him." She finished examining the horses and moved back, frowning slightly. "Trustworthy people do not usually employ the likes of you or," she gestured to Ismat, "that over there." Ode adjusted her headscarf, adding as an afterthought, "And they certainly don't employ me."

She nodded as Ismat reported her findings and she sighed, "I'll defer to your expertise, Anass. Through the window it is. Either of you can go first; I don't much care. I'd suggest the devilspawn so she can pick locks and such but you can decide that yourselves. As I've not exactly had experience sneaking into buildings and suchlike I'll bring up the rear; I am rather less subtle than either of you."
    Last edited by zizi; 05-29-2011 at 10:00 PM.

"D-D-Devilspawn? YOu reALly went ahead and sAId it?" Ismat's arms writhed togeather like unruly snakes, but the wobbly tone of her voice suggested she was actually quite offended. Looking over her shoulder whilst turning around, she shot Ode a dissaproving look whilst slowly milling closer to the wall's sheer face. "And you wonder why I'm warry of getting used as cannon fodder..." Gone was the ditzy naivety, replaced now with spiteful slurrs at the tip of a hat.
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-29-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Anass hadn't been legitimately smiled at in a long time. So he wasn't best pleased when Ode called Ismat 'Devilspawn'
    "Ode, please try to be less antagonistic, I don't like working with bitchy people. And we aren't climbing in, windows are much too small, I can teleport us in."