Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk Like an Kemetese (E)

"I didn't come alone." Ode confirmed, cursing Anass internally. "I believe you saw my companion before? It's ok, he's guarding me." She bit her lip, then nodded once. "Right. You stay here and I and my companion will find your friends. You'll be safe in here and we can easily fight off raiders; Weiss sent us for a reason." She paused and looked worriedly at Lawahiz. "Okay?" She didn't give the thing time to answer before straightening up and nodding briskly. "Okay. I'll be right back with your friends." She smiled reassuringly and slipped out of the door, scooping up Nuru with one hand whilst pushing the door closed and bolting it shut with the other.

Ismat just looked bored, totally ignoring most of what either Anass and Ode said (Including the added insult). She was more interested in finding something shinny to grab her attentions, it seemed.

Both of her companions opening a room and then slaming it seconds later, through... That warented attention.

"What's going on?" She questioned, moving closer to Ode, but not looking her in the eye. "Girl dead? Or dead unattractive? Why lock it?"

Ode put a finger to her lips, pushing Ismat gently back to the stairs. "Shhh," she murmured, "I've no idea what it is. But that is no girl in there. It's projecting a glamour; underneath it's a man-like silver thing." She seemed to have forgotten her racism for the moment, too preoccupied with the thing locked in the room. "Sh- it mentioned 'others'. It said raiders came and locked it in there; it was lying. But still, something locked it in there. Please-" the word slipped out before she caught it and a mixture of surprise and repulsion crawled across her face- was the girl's ridiculous act actually getting to her?- "-go get Anass. Something significantly weirder than bandits happened here. As accustomed to working alone as we all are, I think it'd be best if we tried to not split ourselves up."

Anass strolled down the stairs with his crossbow still in hand.Apparently he heard Ode, he did have pretty good ears.
    "Well, we could capture whatever it is and make it talk." he whispered.

Ismat reacted to the hand like a surprise attack, not dodging, but jolting backwards with wide eyes. Afterwards, she made sure to grasp the hand with both of her own, and examine it throughly as if it was incredibly suspicious.

"Inhumans don't play human rules..." She whispered in response. Her breath on Ode's hand felt like the steam from a boiling kettle. "And shut up, in advance. Maybe it's magic illusiony? Some kind of wizard minion? I say we either kill it or find a differant room..."

Briskly, she turned away and retracted her hands, loosing intrest in the tall druid utterly. "Sticking together... probally a good idea, maybe."

SPOILER! :

Ode's spot check; 1d20+16=35

Ismat's slight of hand check; 1d20+20=35

Ode suddenly realises her right hand was feeling lighter than ussual for some reason...
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-11-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Nuru bared his teeth at Ismat; he had seen what she'd done. The hellbeast had stolen the four slim silver wedding bands that had adorned her right hand. For her part, Ode made no indication she'd realised they were gone. She had time enough later to deal with the teifling. Right now they might yet need her with fingers attached. Instead she responded to Anass, "It doesn't know we can- well, I can anyway- see through it's glamour. It's not going anywhere anytime soon- I suggest we search the place and then decide what to do with it later." She nodded to Ismat, "You're right; it could be anything. We've got the upper hand as of now because we know it's not what it says is is." She smiled slowly, "Better, it doesn't know you're here at all."

Ismat raised her hands at Nuru like little claws of her own, backing off with cautious expression and making her way back up the stairwell ahead of the group. The probability that Ode would put two-and-two together was high, she realized. For now, through, the creature intended to keep hold of her 'grievance pay'... Admittedly it was generally easier when they just hit her, but this would do nicely.

Far too upbeat considering the situation, Ismat began humming to herself and swaying her hips in a petite sporadic tune. Who cared if they were inside some unholy fortress?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "H-hello?" You could hear 'Lawahiz' calling for you. "Where did you go? I'm scared. Please come back! You locked the door by mistake!"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Ode, Open the door and keep it talking, I'm going to kill it." Anass whispered, sneaking over to the door.
    SPOILER! :
    Move Silently:1d20+24=44

Ode opened her mouth to argue, then shrugged and nodded.

"It's ok," she called softly as she slid back the bolt and opened the door. "Lawahiz, it's ok. I'm sorry I locked the door," Ode moved inside, leaving the doorway clear. "You mentioned others earlier- how many of you were there?"