Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Walk Like an Kemetese (E)

Avdol Jabbar kept trying to smoothly slip away from Ismat's tinkering. "You question my abilities? Then perhaps I should start questioning the morality of your business in Kemet?" The wizard pulled away and held his hands up at chest level. "But to answer your question... Yes, fire tricks are all I am capable of," After speaking these words, Avdol clapped his hands together, and disappeared. In his place, for a moment, a flame swirled around and then dissipated.

Then Ismat could feel a heat behind her, but it wasn't breath. It was the flaming hand of the esteemed Alim, Avdol Jabbar. He held it out past her shoulder, so she could see it's intensity. Then he bent over and spoke next to her ear, "but they are all you need."

Guy is kinda dramatic.

SPOILER! :
    Avdol cast Teleport and rolled a 81 so he had no problem going to right spot.

Also cast...Dancing Lights...? For the flaming hand effect. Or maybe Burning Hands.. idk

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Rashma nodded again in response to Ismat's question, "Rashma. Yes, that's right." She then turned to face the Alim and his grandiose showboating, "If you're going to be a one trick pony, perhaps your tricks would be better suited to fit your environment..."
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

A great half-giant strolled through the desert city streets, apologizing politely to each person he bumped into or crossed paths with. Each "sorry" he uttered was met with puzzling stares, as his demeanor betrayed his large and intimidating appearance. The scorching sun coated his thick and muscular body in a glistening layer of sweat and sand. As he waltzed into the meeting place, he noticed a Tiefling talking back and forth with two other warriors. He took a knee in her presence and greeted her, "Hello, Tiefling. I am Levi, of the Talmai. I would like to join you in your adventures."

Ismat unreservedly began clapping at Jabbar's boisterous display. Instantly changing her tune on the spot, she was now grinning like a child.

"Keep doin' it!" Girlishly giggling, she placed both palms against his chest, and began to hop up and down slightly. "Set somedouym' empty stalls blazin! Nobody 'ull ca-!"

Again, instantly, a mood change. A serious expression took shape, and she balanced the entire table precariously forward whilst she balanced one arm against Rashma. One hand was held out in a claw shape, like warning a dirty street cat to stay away. "...Actually... that'sa point, Kemet is all deserty. Can ya create water too?..."

"Havin' a teleport guy is cool, see, since super discrete." The mercurial thing had decided the tribal warrior was an old buddy now, and was leaning over to their ear to discuss this. "But a bit poops if we gotta pay him a full due, an' protect is' ass, an' carry foods cuz is' ass is too feeble, ya kno?"

"Also... Don't look now but sumbadee wid a really big face is lookin at ywe." She was right. There was a giant guy with a giant face. And, he was like, introducing himself, or something.

I guess that explains why she suddenly started taking cover behind the toughest looking of the three... Wait, didn't she invite him herself?...

"Okay. You'zall here." She didn't bother with introductions, instead choosing to remain behind her meat shield, whilst giving off a sly smile of self-approval. "I can't remember what I put in each note, so I'll jus say it. We are going to loot Kemet. A very much undead bastards will not be so happy about this... But, hey, it's a backwater country wit' pharoahs who just squash the common guy for all he's worth. All that loot wasn't theirs in the first place, not in mine eyes. So it's not even really stealin'."

"Questiuns?"

"Just one," the look on Rashma's face made it painfully obvious that she wanted nothing more than to be paid, "how long till we get going?"

You're my favorite.

Avdol hopped off the table (and did a 360 while midair), and landed next to the other party members. "I'll need a few more supplies. And do you know where in Kemet you want to go, exactly?"

"Gotta map. Gotta book." It was true, she was holding them out. Some cheap-looking scroll with loads of desert dunes drawn on it, and a old ragged book titled 'the illustrious pharaohs of Kemet'. Funny, she didn't look like the kind of rich elderly history professor who could afford such a thing... "Preddy sure I know who is oo."

"Apophis' pyramid 'as gotta be first, sounds like a proper weenie baby. A pretty boy, not a warrior king. Should be good finds." She pointed at the map, but it was so impatient and erratic there really wasn't any point. "Close to civilisatiunz, through, in riverside necropolis of Khafre. We gonna have to be careful not to be too noisy."

An uneasy look at one of her own wrists, followed by a longer one at that rather behemoth-y 'Levi' fellow.

"However, dis also part of cunnin' plan." She actually looked like she was rather bored of herself talking already, now. "Isolated pyramids means more treasahs since less lootas, see? If we can snag a few locals each time we go, somewhere out-of-sights-y, get 'em talking 'bout places they aren't allowed to go..."

A few seconds passed. She spent it just googling at the three of them, like they were a bunch of brain-dead morons.

"Then we can start talkin' bout where the ~big~ booties are. Undastaaand~?"

Obnoxiousness, thy name is... this short pudgy devil-thing which never actually introduced itself.
    Last edited by Regantor; 04-19-2014 at 08:54 PM.

"It will be no problem for me to take you all there." Avdol studied the map and book briefly. "However, I'm not sure I like the sound of 'snagging' the locals."

"Also, if the tomb has been looted less, then it's guardians and curses will still be intact. Are you all ready to deal with all manner of ancient POWER?! Do you have the proper equipment to protect yourself against CURSES and who knows what else?"

"There is a saying that it is better to be safe than sorry ... I don't think that applies to grave robbing. If I'm going to risk something, I want there to be an adequate payoff."

You're my favorite.

"True, this." Ismat added. "If somewhere is easy to rob, all the good stuff will be long-o gone. Only reason not jumpin' straight to tha big un's is becus... Well, ain't nobody know where they are."

After a small awkward glance at the three of them, she reached down into her blouse and produced a couple of small vials. Each was a different color and viscosity, alrough none looked like something you should really be drinking.

"Cure disease, cure curse, and cure for things that aren't melted yet. Dat's what I'm stockin' up on." A couple of nimble fingers decided to restlessly roll the last variety in between them. "Yeah. Note. Acids. A-S-E-E-D-S. Not bombs..."

"Exploshuns in confined spaces... wouldn't recommend so much."