Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dada & Kids

Red face Dada & Kids

Dada & Kids Ent. is made up of a Dad and his Two Daughters. I am Dad a Software Developer, or shall I say a Graphic Artist turned Computer Programmer. I wanted to teach my 14 & 11 year old Daughters how to program, so I decided to work with them to create a video game for Xbox Live XNA.

My 11 year old who loves to draw Manga Characters and is highly creative has my Artist Skills. My 14 year who has a 98% average in Honors Geometry and an A average in all her other classes also holds a 4.0 average. She is very logically and has my analytical skills. Now I been a Fan or Anime/Manga styles ever since I saw Fist of the North Star and many others back in the early 90s. But my daughters have me beat, they live and breathe Manga. While Naruto is their favorite and know everything there is about Naruto, they know a lot of other Anime.

While teaching them both a little of each my 11 year will spend most of her time in Graphics and my 14 year in Programming. While using C# and XNA for Programming, I thought Manga Studio (EX 4.0) would be great to learn some Computer Graphics. Unfortunately I have no idea how to use the software so I am here to learn. Id be grateful for some friendly advice from the pros here. Thanks.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hey there! Welcome to the site. C: If you're looking for Manga Studio tutorials - I actually made some. They can be found here. I've used the older version in the tutorials but they should still be relevant to latter versions of MS. If you have any drawing or other related question, the best place to go is the Drawing, Animation & Tutorial section.

Oh, and checking this may help as well: All About Manga Paper. See you around!

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Hey, welcome to the site. You seem really proud of your daughters, and by the way that you explain them you should be. I really need to do better in math... lol. Anyways, hope you stay awhile and make sure to check out the tutorials section of the site and post some of your art in the critique corner, where you can get some advice from the more experienced members. See ya around.

Edit: Ahh Rio you beat me D:

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    Edit: Ahh Rio you beat me D:
    Oh ho ho ho!

I think I'll be here for a while, this site has the best and/or most well organized collection of tutorials I've found anywhere. Personally I have not put pen to paper/pad in quite a few years. My Graphics work has become, well "WORK". Now that its my job it all has gotten boring to me. The only graphics work I do now is when I'm designing software or a website and sometimes do a lil print ad graphics for friends. But since I've starting seeing my daughters get into Manga and have there walls full of drawings I got involved and its becoming fun again. Once I get back into that groove again I'll post some drawings. But right now I'm still teaching my daughters the basics of drawing, they are working on raw talent right now.

Who you are like a single being with three minds

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    That'd be cool... But scary at the same time.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    inb4 Christianity

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    What's scary is ...how did you know?

I hope you plan to keep us updated of your game design endeavours, I for one would be very interested.