Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions

Hybrid View

Looking for opinions

Tried posting this last night, but couldn't quite get it to save. Thankfully I finally got it to work.

Anyway, that aside, in case you've been wondering where I disappeared to, I was transferred to a different city and had to move. Took a lot longer to get the internet back up and running than I had expected. All in all, the move went smoothly and am currently in the middle of trying to get everything organized properly. A few days ago, while looking for work materials, I came across the notebook that I was using for my 100 theme challenge. For the challenge, I decided to draw a 4-panel manga for each theme and got a pretty good amount done (around 40+ if I remember correctly). It was a lot of fun to do at the time, but was lost and forgotten as soon as work became crazy.

That said, here's my problem:

Since the strips were drawn in a notebook, transferring to and redoing all of them on the computer is a total pain. Therefore, I plan to redraw the strips onto actual comic paper to make the transition from paper to digital format a lot smoother. Unfortunately, with how long it's been since I last worked on it, my feelings have changed quite a bit and I'm currently debating on whether I should keep the characters in their original format -- cutesy, anthropomorphic animals -- or redesign them as human characters.

The designs, for the most part, won't have too much affect on everything I've currently written (any rewrites look to be pretty minor) so it wouldn't be hard to do, but I thought I'd get peoples' opinions first before making up my mind.

So, what do you think? Should I keep the designs as they currently are? Or should I redesign them as normal humans? (FYI, I have no intention of making them furries so don't bother suggesting that.)
    Last edited by Ceta; 05-14-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    よろしく

follow your heart

What kind of comic is it? If it's a comedy one, you could try sketching the same comic twice with the two versions of the characters and see what people find funnier and then go from there.

Redesign them as humans

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    follow your heart
    haha....I would if I had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    What kind of comic is it? If it's a comedy one, you could try sketching the same comic twice with the two versions of the characters and see what people find funnier and then go from there.
    Since, yeah, it's a comedy I'll give the two versions a shot and post it here when finished. Hopefully I can get more of a consensus by doing so. Probably be a day or two before I can get on that, however, since 1) I really need to get my apartment cleaned and 2) I haven't quite figured out where my scanner is yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Redesign them as humans
    So, that makes it Humans = 1, Animals = 0. I really need to figure out how to make a poll....
    よろしく

Test Manga

Took a little longer than I had planned but here's the comparison:

A few notes about this:

--> The human designs are still works-in-progress, but for the sake of getting the comparison manga made, I cut development short. If the final decision is to change to the human designs, I'll resume redesigning the characters.

--> When the final comics are posted online, there will be an English version and a Japanese version. For now, though, I'm just posting the Japanese version. (Mainly since I didn't have time to make an English version. )

Anyway, please give me your opinions on which designs I should use.
    よろしく

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I personally prefer the humans better, but I really do think it depends on what you're going for. If it's suppose to be less serious and more humorous, I would go with the animals.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Thanks. That helps a lot. ^_^
    よろしく

I think I could make a better decision if I knew what they were saying and stuff, but from just looking at it, I would say the animals fit it better.

I hate to say it but I like the animals more.