View Poll Results: What would you like to see more of ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • English style illustration

1 11.11%
  • Mega crazy creepy detailed stuff

2 22.22%
  • Manga ( cuz like duh its MT )

4 44.44%
  • Portraiture

0 0%
  • Figure drawing

2 22.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Scarlet. Sketchbook stuff and The Real of Fairies.

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar

Scarlets 100ThemeChallenge- Theme one, Chibi.

I hope its okay to make a second thread for this, saw Ego slip do it and thought it was a good idea . If I cant make a second for whatever reason just lemme know and lock it up and il move to my normal thread.

Booyah!! were underway! Number one - Chibi

Its called Ego. It was inspired by several similar pieces on DA so I dont know who created the original concept. Just a chbi me and my many sides I guess you could call it.
    How fun is chibi!! I had no idea how fun it was to draw that way. And I love how important the line work is.

Next up : _____ *begins to select*
    Last edited by Scarletlight; 06-24-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I merged your threads considering Egoslip doesn't have an art thread already. I also changed your title btw to reflect the addition. Hope you don't mind. C:

...And I'll catch up to you yet!

lol i put my 100 theme challenge in my thread... xD... but when i looked into this thread i thought it would be okay to make a separate one.... i guess i'm wrong xD

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel View Post
    lol i put my 100 theme challenge in my thread... xD... but when i looked into this thread i thought it would be okay to make a separate one.... i guess i'm wrong xD
    Good thing too. I would've smacked ya on the head.

Rio : Ahh no problem. We will see about that though Rio!! haha.
    Ramiel : Nah you can't, dont follow my poor example XD

So I had to complete the piece I was working on before I could commit to the 100 theme challenge. Any critique on this would be great.

And as usual an edited version

Onward with the 100 theme challenge !!

Oh I like how you brought out the sharpness and color of the pic.. my only REAL crit (considering your style is very.. well.. stylistic).. is the girls cheek is a bit TOO bubbly... if that makes sense.. like.. she has a mouth full of something and refuses to spit it out.. but aside from that I love your detail on the stalks of the mushrooms Great job.. kind of a refreshing style to see XD

Along with what Egolsip mentioned, her shoulder sloops down too sharply on the other side; the left side. Either that or you have to re-position her arm a bit because the angle looks off. Also, I think you could've done better with the folds on the clothes. Other than that... those trees remind mind me of Suess tree's except more menacing. C:

Rio : Ahh no problem. We will see about that though Rio!! haha.
    Yes, we shall! :3

ego : Oh my yes , yes it does haha. Have to use reference when im drawing that angle from now on ! Thanks
    Rio : It does look a bit off doesnt it. Thank you for stopping by. *See next piece about the folds thing *

Ok so Heres my second piece of the 100 theme challenge.. im gna have to start speeding up..seriously.
    Any way :

Theme 2 : Magic girl - Skulking in the caves
    Tried to do a better job on the folds this time as per the crit.
    And I felt like I had been to reliant on backgrounds so far so Iv made the character a little more the main feature.

I felt like the flash on my camera ruined her facial shading so I had to touch it up digitally. Had to use a little digital this time to fix a few problems.

As usual heres the original for those of us that hate my digital touching... This one will have problems in though cz..yeh no editing.

and a close up just cuz I can

Id appreciate crits. But please only crit on the edited one (the first image iv posted) because thats the one I consider completed.

Please and thank you

Next theme : Witch/Wizard I think.

wow.. awesome work.. definitely a lot of time put into the craft of this picture.. alright.. crit time..

I think the girls anatomy is a bit off in the neck area.. and I personally would've put a bit of an indication of the collar bone..
    The monochromatic theme here is awesome.. though as I look i don't really see much change in value or a particular light source.. increasing the range of value here.. would give us a more dynamic world I think. Remember lighting is just as much a part of composition as object and angle placements.. I also think some of the small details are a bit over whelming, kind of distorting some things. I usually like to emphasize detail using light and shadow play instead of straight direct lines... though it does fit your style...

Other than that.. (me being nit picky XD).. this looks stunning.. good job, can't wait to see more

Ah and yes.. you may be behind on numbers man.. but you're kicking my butt in quality.. i gotta step it up XD

It is off slightly in there, thats the killer with ink..its to late once you throw it in. Oh hell I forgot about the collar bone completly in this!
    Got a point about the values, looking at it..there arent many, I'll have to practice my watercolor skills again I think.
    Yeh alot of people find them overwhelming at times but its just something I cant help!
    Thanks alot for stopping by !

Alright so I figured I would start my own web comic type deal. Wrote the prologue up in manga works and am posting the whole thing in novel form on a writing forum. Buttt you guys will get the comic version in manga works.
    I'm not just going to post the cover page again ..would be pointless.. but I will post the original sketch and close ups like I usually do.

I should really have done a pencil sketch first..but I just jumped right in with the ink because I was lazy haha
    Feel free to provide any crits, I would appreciate them.

Also this fulfills the third theme in my 100 theme challenge : CyberPunk