View Poll Results: What would you like to see more of ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • English style illustration

1 11.11%
  • Mega crazy creepy detailed stuff

2 22.22%
  • Manga ( cuz like duh its MT )

4 44.44%
  • Portraiture

0 0%
  • Figure drawing

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Scarlet. Sketchbook stuff and The Real of Fairies.

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar

The Return of Scarlet. Sketchbook stuff and The Real of Fairies.

Alright so I guess this will be my thread from now on. After snooping around figuring out how the place works (now its all new an shiny), I figure Ill post my A level art piece. Its the last piece il do for an actual art course. Just looking to pursue as a side career from now on

If you want to see it in large you can check out
    http://scarlet-light.deviantart.com/...ound-208705577

But uhh..I only had my iphone on me to photograph it at school and I cant bring it home until after its been marked so.. the photo quality takes away a little.
    Last edited by Scarletlight; 12-17-2011 at 07:28 PM.

That's a great picture. I especially like how you drew the trees.

Looks really good, very refined and finished. And that flower on your deviant, I'd say even better.

Thanks to the both of you And about the flower, did that awhile ago when I was first learning water colour. Flowers are a nice change from my usual stuff.

Alright I thought the digital editing I did on that piece took away from it a little so I figure the original should be posted.

Anndd some pictures I found on my iphone , two things from my sketch book. Each one took id say 4 hours or so to complete.

These are both unedited originals.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    You have a great style with a sort of wicked victorian feel to it. I especially like the one with the woman and tree dudes.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    You drawings remind me of the older Grimm Fairy Tail illustrations. Were you influenced by them, may I ask? Also, there are some areas that are spot on with the thickness of the lines but in some other areas, I think you should've made them pop out more by adding thicker lines. The last art you posted for example, I have no trouble picking out like the trees and the human but I have to really focus to see the other animals; rabbit, lion, fox. Anyways - just something to keep in mind, imo, on your future drawings. Keep up the good work!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Yeah, your style is totally amazing. It reminds me of a heavy-lined version of Fleet Foxes' first album, which I love. The subtle washes of color work extremely well with your detailed lineart.

Gunzet : Thanks, thats one of my most mixed media pieces. Theres biro , ink with nib , watercolour , marker and I think some pencil crayon.

Rio : Yes I was influenced by the Grimm Fairy tale illustrations. There probobly my most significant influence actually. Ah Ok I see your point with the line wieghts. Il pay more attention to them in the future. Thanks.

Celestial fox - Thanks a lot, glad you like it.

Should post new art..but can't on this computer.. will edit later.
    edit :
    Just a rough sketch I did in ink, didn't pencil it in first like usual. Iv tried to edit the annoying fold in my sketchbook and crap quality paper out of it.

Iv got a few new illustrations in mind that im working on at the moment so ..soon
    Last edited by Scarletlight; 05-22-2011 at 06:18 AM.

seems like I'm looking at some gnalry fairy tale , book illustrations :}
    very cool!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    What exactly do you use to ink things? It seems like it may be ballpoint in some places, but other times it looks like a brush pen or nib.