Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bleach: Awesome or Poo

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    It's enjoyable to me, a child, but probably not to you, an adult. I can relate with these children because they are children. You can't much, anymore, most likely. Just personal preference here, but Naruto is a-okay in my book.
    No. Naruto is objectively bad. There are workable ideas in there, and some of it is just juvenile, yes, but the central conflict is objectively bad. Sasuke was never not a selfish prick. That's the problem. The entire plot hinges around the audience accepting the idea that Sasuke is a good person who has lost his way and become seduced by evil. Thing is, again, Sasuke never was. He was always a selfish little shit. Having Naruto pine over him the way he does just makes Naruto look like a battered wife rationalizing that her husband smacking her around is his way of showing his love. And some of the evil shit they've had Sasuke do since 'becoming' evil are also past the event moral horizon.

Basically there is a simple but workable story concept underneath all the shit in Naruto, yes. And some of Kishimoto's ideas are actually not half bad. But Sasuke poisons everything he touches and the entire conflict Naruto has regarding him - which is more or less the primary conflict in the story - is objectively terrible.

Again: There are objective standards in storytelling. Some things are matters of opinion, yes, but some things are not. Naruto really is objectively bad. You're still allowed to like it, that's a valid opinion (if a bad taste one) but saying that Naruto is not bad is objectively wrong. The driving force of most of the manga is simply done wrong.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    TBH, Naruto isn't all bad. But the plot was too simple for it to be drawn out as long as it was, which is what led to it being bad. It's like trying to make a sweet tart last forever. Also, the characterization is not all that great (IMO, it sucks, but it's a common crime among shonen anime). And Sasuke doesn't need to be innocent at any point for his character to work. Lol. Even if you put a total asshole in his place, the plot still works. Just not for as long as it's been going...

Well I'm on episode 95 or something, if that accounts for any reason as to why I like it.

yeah probably

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Even though the manga is the only medium I can stand it in(half the anime is filler, none of it good either). The whole trouble of Naruto is that it's various sub-plots are all more interesting than the driving plot. Not to mention the main characters are all mind-numbingly stupid/thick to care about. Orochimaru also dies in a total cop-out.

Dude tag your motherfucking spoilers you asshole, jeez.

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    If you couldn't predict the main villains death in a very shounen manga something must be wrong with you.

Still, it never hurts to use spoiler tag when you're about to spoil something, especially considering that this is Bleach thread, not Naruto (people doesn't expect to be spoiled of Naruto's plot).

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree with LVUER. If we were in an actual Naruto Thread it would be OK but ...
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

It's not much of a spoiler really, he's the villain of course he's going to die.