Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I can't draw, cuz its giving me a headache" Thread

The "I can't draw, cuz its giving me a headache" Thread

Ok, I'm gonna start this thread because, from what I see, there are a lot of people, saying that "they can't draw" They need help" its stressful to draw", etc, and then they go on to a wall of text. You know the complains.

Here is what we're gonna do. We are gonna figure out, what is really wrong, what is the main cause of this type of attitude. I can understand, I've been through this phase myself.

In my experience, it was my stubborness to except using reference. No matter what, I used to refuse using reference for poses, or anatomy. At that time, I believe that people using reference are not good artist, or that they playjerise. It was soon that I was thought a hard lesson. Only after than, I started realizing how stupid i was.

Now, for those that find drawing is stressful, you must ask yourself, why? Why is it stressful? If its so stressful, why keep on drawing? Is it because no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to improve?

maybe you don't draw often enough, or maybe you draw too much, or maybe you practice the wrong way? you have to realize what you are doing wrong before you can progress.

So post away some of your problems, and we'll work out the solution, or atleast identify your problem for you C:.

There are just too many of these type of threads out there :C

101 Dalmations Member The_shaman's Avatar
    i cant draw at all? plz someone help me!!!!

I only enjoy the end result. the rest is bleh. like working out.

Actually Shaman, you've improve a lot since the last MT was up. You need to know why? have you asked why you can't draw?

I'm going to sound like a blunt-dick (when I'm not like that?) with this but:

If you don't enjoy drawing, don't do it!!!!

If you get stressed, depressed or sad by drawing, then you have one of the following problems: A) drawing is not for you or B) you need to change your mentality.

The true is that drawing should be to evade stress, depression and sadness, is something you should enjoy and makes you happy. If you are getting the opposite then you are not made for this or you have the wrong mentality.

If the problem in other hand is your mentality, then stop working so hard and start to enjoy drawing, because there is no point in continue in this if you are not going to enjoy it.

We all get frustrated some times, we all feel that we reach a point we can't go beyond, we all have artists blocks, and the only way to overcome those is enjoying, is making drawing a game that always amuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by doghateburger View Post
    Actually Shaman, you've improve a lot since the last MT was up. You need to know why? have you asked why you can't draw?
    Naaa, I am just being an asshole lol.

@clock, you are a dick, tell us something new.

Well you could read most of the post I did to find a way to help yourself, and not read just the first 6 words of it.

You know, I might not be to good in English, but at least I know I have to read the entire text to know what is about.

So by what logic makes you think I didn't read your whole post? I wasn't calling you a dick because of the post. I was calling you one because you actually are. But anyways I'm through with this pointless discussion

What ever. I never post to help YOU in the first place (who would want it?). I just state a point for every who have problems and is will to change to get better.

Its better you go back to your art thread and wait if someone want to help you there (million of years might pass, but still no one is gonna help you).

I'm going to sound like a blunt-dick (when I'm not like that?) with this but:

If you don't enjoy drawing, don't do it!!!!

If you get stressed, depressed or sad by drawing, then you have one of the following problems: A) drawing is not for you or B) you need to change your mentality.

The true is that drawing should be to evade stress, depression and sadness, is something you should enjoy and makes you happy. If you are getting the opposite then you are not made for this or you have the wrong mentality.

If the problem in other hand is your mentality, then stop working so hard and start to enjoy drawing, because there is no point in continue in this if you are not going to enjoy it.

We all get frustrated some times, we all feel that we reach a point we can't go beyond, we all have artists blocks, and the only way to overcome those is enjoying, is making drawing a game that always amuse you.

a lot of people( like myself) only care about the end result, not the process. people just want help to get past the process to a decent end result. like i said before, compare art with exercise. Some people might enjoy exercising but most people just want to be fit and look nice. This idea is the same that is applied to art. we just want a pretty picture to look at, and because someone else is not going to draw it for you whenever you want you have to learn to do it yourself.