Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird habits and possible OCD thread

Weird habits and possible OCD thread

This is a thread I've been meaning to make ever since my siblings pointed out some weird shit I do without realizing it. This is a thread to talk about any sort of strange habits you have and stuff along those lines.

So here goes.

Here are some of my irrational(?) fears:
    -Won't answer a corded phone if I don't know who is on the other line. Cordless phones are fine.
    - Won't open a door unless I know who is on the other side (which seems reasonable to me)
    -Can't eat spaghetti in front of other people that aren't family

Other weird habits:
    -I can't put the volume of the tv at an odd number. It always has to be even.
    -If Im walking on a tiled floor I have to step within the tiles. If the tiles are too small for my feet then I need to step with the middle of my foot directly on the crack.
    -I can't like anything my sister likes or it really pisses me off. I think this has more to do with our poor relationship though.

Okay your turn

I can't think of any weird habit that I do, and its starting to annoy me that I can't think of one.

i do that stepping in middle of tiles thing

also while walking on different colored stuff I imagine a different tone for each color and try to walk to a beat of some song

sometimes I rub my hand with the other hand.. and u know how theres some black stuff that starts to gather sometimes? well i try to make that into a ball as big as I can. only when super bored tho

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    This is a thread I've been meaning to make ever since my siblings pointed out some weird shit I do without realizing it. This is a thread to talk about any sort of strange habits you have and stuff along those lines.

So here goes.

Other weird habits:
    -I can't put the volume of the tv at an odd number. It always has to be even.
    -If Im walking on a tiled floor I have to step within the tiles. If the tiles are too small for my feet then I need to step with the middle of my foot directly on the crack.

Okay your turn
    I've got those. I also can't stand my hands being dry/touching dry surfaces like rough paper, sand, concrete, rubber, you name it without immediately washing my hands before and afterwards. I also compulsively crack my joints and bite my fingernails(thankfully not my toenails but still).

When I play cards I have to line them up perfectly.
    I can't drink out of a cup that is in the least bit dirty.
    I can't play Xbox if my controller is dirty.
    When I clean dishes I take three times as long as a normal person in order to make sure they are clean.
    When I have a shower it needs to be scorching hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    When I clean dishes I take three times as long as a normal person in order to make sure they are clean.
    Do you time people when they do the dishes or something

No, it was just a rough guess

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    - Won't open a door unless I know who is on the other side (which seems reasonable to me)
    It's not a weird habit here (in my country). It's called a precaution, because who knows if person (or several person) on the other side are bad guys who want to rob you, or kill you, or both. Really, I'm serious here.

My weird habit?
    - I always wash my hands after doing something. And I definitely always wash my hands before doing something. The result is... I always wash my hands (perhaps about once every half an hour).
    - When I walk, I always looks behind now and then, just in case someone is following me.
    - I always have a feeling that I left behind something. So I always recheck all things I have/brought, and recheck all places I've been to in case there's something I left behind.
    - When I'm about to wear something (cloth, shoe, etc), I always careful check them just in case there's something stuck on/in it.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    - I have to check all the doors and windows to make sure they are locked before I can lay down.
    - I have to check the stove before bed to.
    - I refuse to call and order anything from anywhere (like pizza).
    - If I think something that is kind of repulsive or just something I don't want to happen (like some one in my family getting hurt) I have to knock on wood several times (50 or more) and if wood isnot available I knock on my skull.
    - I can only use certain spoons and forks in my own home (I'm fine at like a reasturant) and will spen upwards of 5 mins trying to find one since there are only like 2 of each.
    - I have to step within the slab of concrete on the side walk never the crease.
    - I count my steps. Except if I'm looking for something or talking.
    - I constantly play with the volume on my iPod when listening to music in public.
    - I pat myself down allot because I'm affraid I forgot / left/ lost my stuff somewhere.
    - I am scared when I eat anything stringy (spaghetti) because I think I am going to choke on it.
    - I don't like to eat with people because im not sure if I eat weird so I start to think I do and become hyper aware of everything I do.
    - I can't watch things where some one gets embarrassed because I get embarrassed for them and look away or turn the tv off.

Probably more but that's enough.

- I pace alot especially when I'm thinking
    - I hate odd numbers except for 5
    - I sometimes feel like people can read my mind so I try to not think
    - Doors that aren't completely opened or closed make me very nervous
    - Sometimes I feel like I'm being watched and whatever's watching me wants to kill me
    - Mirrors deeply bother me for some unknown reason