Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graphics are important?

Graphics is important... but don't forget the resource needed to make those graphics (both for the user and the developer). I think gameplay is equally (if not more) important. Even now, I still prefer 2D games (or with a little 3D hybrid) like Tales of Eternia (my favorite tales game), Mana Khemia, Ar Tonelico, etc.

And there are still so many factors that make a game sells like a hotcake (DS and Wii games are popular despite their inferior graphics compared to XBOX360 and PS3, right?). Like sounds, musics, controls, and so on.

Still, that doesn't mean I want to play a game with horrible graphics...

Graphics are important, however they are no more important than the gameplay. In the end what it all boils down to is whether you are able to play it. If it has awesome graphics, but plays like shit, then I probably would cast the game aside immediately. This question of playability however also applies to graphics as graphics do provide the player with a sense of immersion.

Let's be honest, playing a shooter set around present day (or world war 2 for that matter) with minecraft graphics wouldn't give you the same sensation as when you can see every detail of the face of that enemy soldier you just peppered with SMG rounds. The realistic graphics make you feel as if you yourself are in that game, because it is hard to tell the difference between reality and the game (well not quite, yet. But you know what I'm getting at).

^Duck Hunt

Just kidding :P Playing devil's advocate.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dragon View Post
    ^Duck Hunt

Just kidding :P Playing devil's advocate.
    Dude, I love duck hunt! My brother took the old nintendo with him and his N64 when he left home, so I don't get to play some of those old games anymore. To me, N64 was the best system. I haven't been keeping up with the newest systems at all.

As for answering the question, I think the gameplay's more important, but good graphics help, too. I like watching the cut scenes in adventure games.
    I am so not typing anything interesting...

As long as the game is good. But if the game(story) and/or physics are bad(Sonic 06) I would play the crap out of it. Remember Silicon Vally Space Station? One of the best 64 games ever! People mock me for it but who cares, a game is a game, offensive or not.