Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphics are important?

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    I wouldn't play anything with bad graphics, but I wouldn't play anything with boring gameplay either. so.
    I think the graphics are pretty important actually, they set the tone for the game and make it more interesting.

I'm attracted by pretty graphics, usually. But I sometimes don't care. I mean, look at Mario Bros. It's not the best graphics now, but it's still fun to play every now and then. And the old Final Fantasy games.

Well, i agree the gameplay matters more than the graphics, but then i wouldn't play a game that's got bad or annoying graphics, even if it's interesting.
    Graphics are ok as long as they're not bad/irritating.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Any kind of graphic is fine with me just as long as it doesn't affect the gameplay or rather, that it enhances it.

I don't think the graphics are the main importents but it is cool how they look and stuff like that but I don't mind how good the graphics, if the game is fun I'll play it no matter what the graphics are.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I think a good example of graphics and gameplay working together is something like Paper Mario. It was purposely done in 2D to achieve the ingenious gameplay.

I think that graphics are important, but sadly, a lot of game companies are using graphics as a crutch.

Would you buy a REALLY COOL LOOKING car that had crappy brakes, an ancient motor, and a busted transmission? So, why buy a game with state-of-the-art graphics, but broken gameplay, a dull storyline, and zero replayability?

Even though the graphics are obsolete, there are a bunch of Playstation One games I still play because of everything else they bring to the table.

I think the gameplay is important... Super Cool Graphics makes me bored when the game goes on, that's if the gameplay is bad...
    just my opinion.. :)

I agree whats the point of the graphics if the game isn't worth playing i mean yeah their are ppl that only care about the graphics bt most ppl i know including me will play any game if it's fun we don't care if the graphics are out dated look at the Final Fantasy series the older ones have better story lines then the newer ones in my opinion but the newer ones have the better graphics i'm not saying the newer ones aren't fun i like the i gest think the older ones have better story lines, so to me the graphics are cool but if the game sucks then whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by violinbg View Post
    I'd prefer a good gameplay and poor graphics insted of super cool graphics and a poor gameplay. Ofcourse there are games having both made well and vice versa.
    Agreed. Fallout New Vegas has some moments where the graphics are not great at all, but the gameplay and some of the ragdoll physics are very satisfying.