Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drawing Styles

I disagree with the idea that a style has to be attached to a genre, prove of this is Devilman, Strongest Man Kurosawa, 20th Century Boys, Uzumaki, Parasyte, Noramimi or Takemitsu Zamurai. And if you want one of the big examples of this challenge, Hellboy (a cartoon-ish, dark glam comic with lovecraftian creatures).

That's why i said it isn't always like that... it really depends on the mangaka.... but you can't deny the difference in styles

Dudes, keep yourselves sane here

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yea I agree with Clock to a degree. But for the most part, mixing styles within a genre is a pretty big leap. And it either works or it doesn't.

Mixing styles should depends on the scene

No, it mostly depend on your understatement of styles and appreciation. It mostly about making work art theory, style and genre features.

It depends on the Mangaka.

It's really how he/she wants to portait it right? what he/she is capable of no? its what they think we see.... it doesn't always work out, but meh everyone has their opinions

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    No, it mostly depend on your understatement of styles and appreciation. It mostly about making work art theory, style and genre features.
    Which is why some things fly, and some things crash. Most of the creators find it easier not to make things too complicated.

yeah and most of the creators replicate styles and then you have million of dragon balls or sailor moons with different names.

The 3 big problems with mangas (japanese comics) are: Need of good writers, need of personal style and need of risks.

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    The first and third point are true with any story-telling medium. I don't think style is really a problem though, I'd rather see slightly warped styles I'm cool with and familiar with than stuff that just isn't pleasing to look at.