Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Concept Artists

If you want to, please do. the hunters are my biggest problem, so it actually helps

Oh, as a side note, I took my inspirations from the Akrid in Lost Planet 1 & 2. Personally, they seem better, anatomy-wise and behavior-wise. Anything along those lines would be great

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I'll give this a shot. I've been aching to do monster concepts.

Thank you very much

Double Digits Member
    I think I can do this... I hope so at least.

And as doghateburger said, they do sound like Tyranids. Is that what you want them to look like?

Honestly, I've never heard of Tyranids, let alone seen them (I'm gonna assume it's a game).

But I took the liberty of looking them up on google images, and nah, not really. I want them to look more along the lines of the Akrid I mentioned earlier.

Double Digits Member
    Akrids have a ton of different species, then. Could you relate each species you have with one of theirs? Or is it something completely different, with only minor similarities?

They are relatively similar. some less than others. I dont really expect or want them to look exactly like it though.

Y = yes - A = Almost - S = Sorta - N = No

Hunters = Akrid X. Anatomy - S; Behavior - Y
    Snipers = Neegal. Anatomy - A; Behavior - Y
    Runners = Chryatis. Anatomy - S; Behavior - A
    Carriers = Windega. Anatomy - S; Behavior - Y
    Grunts = Tencale. Anatomy - A; Behavior - S
    Kryll = Trillid. Anatomy - S; Behavior - Y

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Here, I gave it a shot. I didn't want it to look too much like either the Tyranids or the Akrids, so it's more insectoid than alien.

Annotations:
    1.) Back-mounted projectile launchers that shoot shards of calcified bio-material. Can be angled by contracting the muscles around it. When on all fours, they flatten into the armor.

2a.) The pair of upper appendages. 2b.) What the secondary set of bladed upper appendages look like when they're sheathed (tucked into the shell) and unsheathed.

3.) Areas comprised of stringy, orange ligaments. Extremely flexible and can extend or contract in any direction, which is what makes extending the stomach possible for running on all fours. Also makes most limbs double jointed by default.

4.) "Gills" or exterior vocal cords that allow the Hunters to emit their war shriek. Air passes here directly from the lung cavities.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 05-26-2011 at 04:18 PM.

OH MY GOSH. That is cool. I like it; I think I'll keep it like this, with the only changes being the hind feet and that shell covering the bladed limbs.

Thank you so much. If anyone wants to do some/all of the others, be my guest.