Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taragon's thread

Taragon's thread

While trying to find some art for this thread I confirmed what I was suspecting, I have done way too much fan art this last year, so I'm going to attempt making some more original work as I feel it's been dumbing down my creativity.

Some quick pencil sketches
    SPOILER! :

Trying to do some digital painting of animals here
    SPOILER! :

So far only animals and monsters as I fail at drawing humans, so I might put some up for critique later on. I hope I can post some more stuff here in the near future

That bird is ridiculously adorable. <:
    And yay you made a thread!! Marvellous. MOAR PLZ.

That IS a cute bird!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Sparrows are adorable and there are always a bunch of them in the garden, so always enough reference.

Yaes sparrows! I love those birds. They swarm my garden a lot. Never coming alone, always bringing the entire family (and sometimes extended family).

I gotto say, your painting skills are admirable.

Well thanks, I'm still trying out a lot of different styles as I haven't really found my own definitive style yet, but I like the more painting-style approach. It's really relaxing to do as well.
    Anyway, something I drew today:

Yay, you made a thread. You have a lovely painting style ;o that sparrow and the pig are looking great. Were they both done on the GB?
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Thank you
    Nah, the things in the first post were from before I joined here and the pig was also done in ps, but I'll probably do some stuff like this in the GB in the future. Up until now I have mainly been practicing some other stuff there.

E:

So, made this on the GB. I've got used to my usual brushes way too much. Couldn't get that same feel here, looks way too blurry. Tried with harder brushes, but that looked too much like cell shading.

And the duck is way too big as well.
    Last edited by Taragon; 06-15-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Cool pic!
    If you're having troubles on the GB, I suggest using a mix of the Ink and Pen tool together. Use the Ink tool for the hard cell like shading to block in your colours then use the Pen tool as a blender with a 'middle' colour to create a gradient. Or if you want a softer look, use the Pen tool in alternating opacities. It's really trial and error in the GB, take some time out to experiment with all the tools and their sliders, you get some really awesome effects!!

Yeah, I used the ink tool as a base, then used the pen on top. But the GB really is a nice place just to try stuff out.