Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: East Timor

@Harvester_Of_Sorrow:
    I know that much, sadly because I'm an Indonesian... Just don't forget that if you're looking carefully, each and every country have their own dark secret and their own share of genocide.

Got a philosophical question for you regarding war: In the Bible it is said that Man was created in the image of God, and throughout the entire history there are so many wars, both small and large. Bottom Line: Tell me, Does God loves war? (I'm personally an Atheist)

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devillan View Post
    Got a philosophical question for you regarding war: In the Bible it is said that Man was created in the image of God, and throughout the entire history there are so many wars, both small and large. Bottom Line: Tell me, Does God loves war? (I'm personally an Atheist)
    Er, no. God created man in his IMAGE. Dude, just cuz the son looks like the father doesn't make them similar in character.

And that's all I'm gonna say on this subject in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Knife View Post
    Er, no. God created man in his IMAGE. Dude, just cuz the son looks like the father doesn't make them similar in character.

And that's all I'm gonna say on this subject in this thread.
    Finally!!! A straight to the point answer...thank you

TWO comments about RELIGION that DIDN'T end up in a big debate! great job guys!!

EDIT:

Also Harvest we had a similar (but not so drastic and not nearly as dark) situation here in Serbia. Well actually there was an asshole of a Serbian that went into Croatia and started a genocide that was funded by some of the NATO governments and some other governments. It makes me think that something dark and gory is happening right now and we are oblivious to it. Scary.
    Last edited by Gedeon; 05-06-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I just remembered that some time ago that a dude that was responsible for genocide was captured in Israel...the genocide was in Europe...it was on the news

Damn H, that's pretty fucked up...
    but then again, i'm not suprised that every major country (including Australia) imidiately starts selling arms to Indonesia.
    because, as we all know: "War is good for business".

and sadly no one gives a fuck besides those who suffer it.

One time my teacher said that technology is so advanced is because of war....I sometimes wonder if its true

Yup, that is sadly true. Lots of our today convenience created because of technology that invented because WW2. Microwave and jet airliner are few among them...

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    War's not-so-saving grace is the discoveries we make in desperation to win the war which later get turned into civilian appliances.