Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

dude...don't bring this here...

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    He has a point though.

Wiat whats an east timor ? Sorry for living under a rock ^-^'
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    Wiat whats an east timor ? Sorry for living under a rock ^-^'
    Same here

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Isn't it called Timor-Leste now?

East Timor (now Timor Leste) is just a small province/a small island (and now a small country) with nothing special. It's understandable if only few people know about it. Though you could just google or wiki-ing (wikipedia) for it. I love internet ^_^

Hmm, for those of you who replied the answers were about what I expected (with the exception of Bacon who put his answer in spoilers to be fair to him. But hes still an asshole). For those of you who have any interest in world affairs and what your governments and mine have been getting up too which have affected the lives of many all the world over, allow me to tell you a little bit about East Timor.

East Timor, as some of you correctly said, is a small island about 400 miles north of Austrailia. It is a former Portuagese colony, and up until 1975, the offical language was Portuagese and the offical religion was Catholisim. In 1975, the same year Pol Pot conducted his mass genocide in Cambodia, Indonesia invaded East Timor. Did you guys know that? Chances are you didn't, and its not surprising cause the reason is very simple. The amount of press coverage of East Timor was pathetically small, and still is to this day, given what a huge global event it was and is. When any country invades another, anywhere on the planet, it is known about and broadcasted as soon as humanly possible. East Timor wasn't. Why?

Well, it maybe because when two Australian journalist film crews exposed what the Indonesian government was doing in East Timor, mainly bombing and sowing the seeds of the genocide they would later carry out, the film crews were murdered in the most savage manner, which I wont discribe out of respect, and their bodies were then dragged into a house, dressed in Timorese military uniforms, propped up against machine guns and photographed. And nothing was done by the Australian government in response to this action. To my knowlegde, they didnt even demand an apology. Hmm. Oh actaully, I'm sorry thats not quite true, The Australian Government's response was to accuse the film crews of misadventure and participating in a farcical Indonesian enquiry, in which Indonesian soldiers and informants, dressed in civilian clothing, unconvincingly replaced the population of the village where the murders took place. Double Hmm. To be fair to Australia though, they do now supply more aid to East Timor than any other nation.

Or maybe what might be the reason why so few have heard of this ongoing global atrocity is becuase of the fact that just about every country in the western world sold Indonesia the weapons they used to conduct this genocide on East Timor. Its a sad fact folks that when Indonesia were gonna invade that small little island, every government funded weapons manufacturer in the western hemisphere crowded around their respective Indonesian ambassidors like flies around shit, selling the fuckers every bomber, helicopter and all the other good stuff that would turn the a significant number of the population of East Timor into a tiny red smudge on the world map for years too come. Cunts, all of them.

So yeah, no major western armed Pol Pot (some say America did, but there is not enough evidence for this) so his genocide was reported and condemned by everyone, and rightly so. Every fucker armed Indoneisa to conduct their genocide...and most people don't even know where East Timor is, let alone have knowledge of whats been happening there.

Fuck them, they are liars and murderers. All governments are liars and murderers, and I am now Jesus.

Is your last name condom by any chance?

That's pretty fucked up, but I don't really expect any better from people.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Sorry to say I am truly in the dark regarding East Timor.

The only reason I know its existance was a group of people along with a Bruneian catholic priest I know went to help out an orphanage run by a local catholic priest last year. Just last week, 3 priests along with Bishop of Diocese of Brunei went there to help out. Each had carried 10 large boxes of supplies for the orphanage. They just got back last saturday.

I'm gonna ask around some more on this.