Thread: Original Greek Myth

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar

Original Greek Myth

So, for English we had to create a short, original, Greek myth explaining something. I chose to explain how the Eclipse came to be. We also got to choose the medium, so I decided to make a comic. I did it with my Tablet to get some practice, as I haven't drawn anything is a while ... Anyway, crit's appreciated, as I'm trying to draw more again.

Enjoy!

SPOILER! :
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

It's 10 pages long, so I put it in spoiler tags.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Hummmmmmmm~

Well, first off, I admit that I had to wiki which was which (Apollo and Artemis) since my Greek myth knowlage sucks. Artemis probally could have done with looking more female, through, perhaps? A lighter jawline would have really helped, and mabye some lips. Probally don't need me to tell you that the proportions need work (The heads and hands are very large indeed)...

Other than that, through I think the expressions and composition are pretty alright overall. The pannel, setup and dialogue are good; It is easy to follow, and that really counts. You planning on making more, or even modifying it any, Bacon? :3

Yep, looks pretty nice. Very clean!

The noise background is very obviously tiled - if you use GIMP or Photoshop, I believe both of them have a 'make tileable' filter somewhere... or you can wait like two hours to render a background for the whole image, heh :P

You definitely have a solid style going on, which is good. You may want to experiment with different techniques for drawing clothing...currently, it fits your style but looks sort of flat.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Hummmmmmmm~

Well, first off, I admit that I had to wiki which was which (Apollo and Artemis) since my Greek myth knowlage sucks. Artemis probally could have done with looking more female, through, perhaps? A lighter jawline would have really helped, and mabye some lips. Probally don't need me to tell you that the proportions need work (The heads and hands are very large indeed)...

Other than that, through I think the expressions and composition are pretty alright overall. The pannel, setup and dialogue are good; It is easy to follow, and that really counts. You planning on making more, or even modifying it any, Bacon? :3
    Yeah, I need to work on anatomy. :P As for more, I'm not sure, as this was just for an English project. I think it's likely I'll go back and work on touching some stuff up though (like some hands and Dione's head). I really shouldn't say though, as I'm a petty non-committal person. It's my tragic flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Yep, looks pretty nice. Very clean!

The noise background is very obviously tiled - if you use GIMP or Photoshop, I believe both of them have a 'make tileable' filter somewhere... or you can wait like two hours to render a background for the whole image, heh :P

You definitely have a solid style going on, which is good. You may want to experiment with different techniques for drawing clothing...currently, it fits your style but looks sort of flat.
    Yeah... I used Manga Studio. It does this weird thing with the tone so it repeats... (Which is what I think you mean by tilted). I'm not really sure (at all) how to fix that.

And yeah, the clothing thing is noted. I plan on drawing more, so hopefully that's one of the things I'll get better at.

Thanks for the quick response you two, the C&C is greatly appreciated.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.