Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden: Dead

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    America and Israel are easily the most monstrous nations to exist since Nazi Germany, hands down. North Korea may come close, but their evil is entirely contained - with the exception of Japan more or less. America and Israel are grave threats to every single human being.
    And South Korea, but that's glaringly obvious. And everyone? You really think so, or are you exaggerating? (Sorry if I'm sounding dumb, but I'm really bad at picking up ... sarcasm, especially over the internet.)

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    I just want them to stop spending money on this already. Osama is dead. Worthless vendetta resolved.
    We have to keep up the charade. It's not for oil or for revenge, it's to make the Middle East safe for it's inhabitants.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 05-02-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    "We will fight terror with terror" - President George W. Bush after the 9/11 attacks.

He said it himself, the people running the U.S. are a bunch of terrorists. There is no real definition of "terrorist", but the most common one is "To create fear with violence." You can't tell me the U.S. hasn't been doing what that definition states. Obama may be in office now, but their motives for war and murder are one and the same.

Not to mention the one who originally supplied the Taliban and Mujahideen was the U.S. to stop the soviet invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    You can't tell me the U.S. hasn't been doing what that definition states.
    Who said they weren't?

Obama may be in office now, but their motives for war and murder are one and the same.
    No. Obama's just cleaning up Bush's mess.

Not to mention the one who originally supplied the Taliban and Mujahideen was the U.S. to stop the soviet invasion.
    Well yeah. [sarcasm] GOT TO KILL THEM DAMN REDS!! [/sarcasm]

You're my favorite.

Wow, are their really people in this thread who werent aware the Americian government are the biggest global terrorists (which is a wanky word in itself)?

Ok. Bin Laden is dead (apparently)...so what? You really have to sit back and laugh at people who feel this is in any way an accomplishment. As if Al Quaeda is an ant colony and once you kill the queen, the colony can no longer multiply. But I also understand that the media needs to make the American people feel that something has been accomplished. You spend millions of dollars, sacrifice thousands of lives for a bullshit cause, you need a win sometimes.

No, this story doesn't interest me in the slightest.

HoS: Yeah, most Americans aren't aware. (though, I guess you said in this Thread, so that's different)

A nice quote.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr.

You're my favorite.

A post on Kotaku describes my feelings:

(The image link is relevant to the post)

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...b/original.jpg

I think that everyone reveling in Bin Laden's death should pause and take a good look at themselves.

Regarding those eagerly playing these video games:

How is this more tasteful than a video game where you fly a plane into the Twin Towers?

Possible angry responses to this statement:

- He started it, this is revenge, so that makes it OK.
    - 9/11 cost thousands of innocent American lives, this is the worst of the terrorists who deserves what he gets.
    - Fuck you, I lost (name here) (in/at) (Afghanistan, 9/11, etc).

I'm sure there are plenty more you can come up with.

But let's think about this - how does this make us any better than someone gleefully playing a suicide bomber game targeted at the US?

Last night, 99% of the Social Media updates I saw were flat out cheering about Osama's death, claiming it should be a holiday, dancing about how great America is.

He was a symbol of frustration, fear and hatred for this country for a long time - now he is dead. But this doesn't end anything. We're still locked in at least two wars, with more on the horizon in the Middle East.

At what cost has this kill that everyone is so happy about, come to the world? Note the image for some handy graphs on civilian deaths in Afghanistan for the first six months of 2010. This excludes deaths in our military, in other countries, in the other years this has been going on. These were people living in a very different political and economic situation than your average American, but they were innocent humans like those killed in 9/11.

Yes, you're happy Osama is dead, but why? Specifically, what is your reason? What is your personal relation? I can understand those that have lost family members, friends and close family - that is always a tragedy, and I am sorry - I am not belittling your loss. But how about the average person that has no real relation to these events and is gleeful? Why the blood thirst? What is your reason?

Why is real live human death something to celebrate? I guess I can understand all the points that are about to be thrown at me - why this man deserves to die, why the 'terrorists' are different than us and why our killing is justified and theirs is not - but even then, why do we have to debase ourselves by being just as low as the people that 'we' hate - the terrorists, the 'enemy' - by reveling in their death?

These are not games about killing imagined enemies that have never existed - this is about dragging 'our' sworn enemy through the street and pissing on his corpse. And what is so great about that?

It's something to think about.

I saw some of the Bin Laden's death celebration parties on the news, and the first thing I thought was "Wow, how barbaric." What the hell is everyone's problem, jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    I saw some of the Bin Laden's death celebration parties on the news, and the first thing I thought was "Wow, how barbaric." What the hell is everyone's problem, jeez.
    How was your school yesterday? Mine scared me a little. Some people were saying it should be a national holiday. (Namely, FUCK YEAH AMERICA day.)

You're my favorite.

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    How was your school yesterday? Mine scared me a little. Some people were saying it should be a national holiday. (Namely, FUCK YEAH AMERICA day.)
    I heard that too. Although most of the talk is about how screwed the guy who shot him is, because they released his name.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    And South Korea, but that's glaringly obvious.
    Yeah. Although, really, I doubt they'll ever try anything much. I'd say they're more a threat to Japan, what with the kidnappings and stuff they've done. Have they done kidnappings in South Korea? I don't recall.

And everyone? You really think so, or are you exaggerating?
    Absolutely. America and Israel have nuclear weapons and insane leaders. America and Israel have shown a repeated willingness to ignore international law and murder whoever they want, whenever they want. Plus their economic influence affects everyone.

While America and Israel exist, no human being is safe.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!