Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
Words
What's the positive? Tell me one good thing that has resulted from this? Tell me how it is helpful to focus on the good while ignoring the horrible costs?

You now what? I'm going to go out on a limb and venture a guess that at least one of the Americans who died in the September 11th attacks was guilty of an unpunished rape, murder, or some other crime that most people would say might warrant the death penalty. Given the crime statistics and how unreported rape often is, I think that's a fair assumption to make. So would you say that the September 11th attacks are good things, since we can focus on the 'positive' of how this one hypothetical murderer and/or rapist died, or would you say that the massive loss of innocent human life and economic upheaval were too steep a cost to pay?

Or, hell, how about the Holocaust? Let's get Godwin in here. 12 million people? There's gotta be at least one or two of them guilty of some truly heinous shit. Was the Holocaust worth it since those monsters died?

And if you agree that those are not celebration worthy events, then tell me how the death of Osama Bin Laden, something that cost nearly a million lives and trillions of dollars, is something worth celebrating.