Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Recommendations?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    How is V for Vendetta manga and/or anime? Same for Brazil.

But yeah. I'd echo the suggestion of the original UC Gundam Stuff. Also TTGL, although really that's less Sci-Fi and more its own unique thing.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Because I just read the title which only says "Sci-fi Recommendations". And also because those 2 are pretty damn good.

One wonders why it's in the "anime and manga" section then...

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

idk why u wouldnt want any type of comic

i mean not only manga

I'm fine with comics I'm not fond of live action stuff though.

Brazil is not a movie adaptation from a comic/manga. Is a movie, and everyone should watch it, its pretty good.

Apple Seed - you know this one, from the same guy who made Ghost in the Shell (anime and manga)
    Dominion Tank Police - again, from Masamune Shirow, about police who use tanks (anime and manga)
    ZOE - most PS2 gamers should know this one, one of the best sci-fi game out there, but the anime isn't so good... there's two kind of anime, one is series and the other is OVA (anime)
    Viper Creed - transforming robots, yea ^_^ (anime)
    Freezing - big boobs, cool fighting sequence, gore and blood... what else do you need? (anime and manga)
    Mahoromatic - a moe maid robot that used to be the strongest robot humanity ever have, good anime with unfortunately not so well made ending (anime)

"Freezing - big boobs, cool fighting sequence, gore and blood... what else do you need?"
    Lack of tits.

If you don't mind something a tinsy bit old, try the Armored Trooper Votoms anime, perticularly the OVAs. It has a MUCH more "realisitic miltary" feel than Gundam, an adult hero, non-embarrasing animimation and a really gritty plot. There are new CG ones out too, but they are a bit "eh".

Out of the ones people already suggested, I support Battle Angel Alita, GITS, Appleseed (Manga is better.), Macross Plus and ZOE (Idolo OVA in perticular). Generator Gawl is a complete U-turn in that it's more of a time-traveling Guyver thing, but it's pretty nice. Also, Blame! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    "Freezing - big boobs, cool fighting sequence, gore and blood... what else do you need?"
    Lack of tits.
    The manga have some "almost visible" tits. Understandable though, since one tit is enough to boost up the age rating. We want a sci-fi manga here, not a hentai (if you want tits, just look for hentai) ^_^ Not that I hate tits though...

But don't worry about tits, the naughty scenes in Freezing are more than enough to make up for it.
    Last edited by LVUER; 05-02-2011 at 02:45 AM.